PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dudditz

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2021
New Jersey
Just tried some War Horse Green for the first time tonight out of a smallish basket briar. I saw some reviews about this being on the strong side. I like strong, so, what the heck I figured, let's give it a go. The stuff is wonderful...but I think my lips fell off. Really like the flavor. The nic hit is excellent. But good Lord... talk a bout a taster tingle...Is it me or has anyone else tried this stuff and wound up with the same reaction?

Reactions: JOHN72 and Ahi Ka

Dudditz

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2021
New Jersey
People either love or loath the stuff.
I can see that. I am actually enjoying it. I just was not expecting the almost frost/menthol type flavor and tingle. I went and read some more reviews and saw that I am not the only one who picked up that aspect. Pretty good stuff. Obviously I never had the original.

Reactions: weezell

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Formerly a blend by The Standard Tobacco Company of PA Ltd. It was meant to taste like Condor but Dobby the House Elf down at P&C got a bit carried away when engaged in the blending process. People either love or loath the stuff.
Really??? I didn't get any taste relationship to our beloved Condor. Have to try this again and then let all the tins sit for a couple years and hope that wonderful Condor taste comes through.

• Love
Reactions: condorlover1

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I think people don't understand what Playdoh tastes like, the dough is loaded with salt, that would make it most similar to an English blend, possibly something like Pirate Kake.
What we're talking about here is a Licorice type flavor.
I’ve never actually ate Play-Doh but I see that we have some experienced Play-Doh eaters here. I believe the smell that I’m referring to is Heliotrope? Not sure if it’s in the new iteration of Warhorse but it very much reminds me of Play-Doh. I have a 4 year old daughter, so now every time we have a Play-Doh sesh, I think of Warhorse. My daughter used to eat the stuff, I’d always catch her sneaking a bite, but now that she’s 4, she’s matured past her Play-Doh eating days.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@hawky454: Are you saying your daughter is eating War Horse or Play Dough? Lol. The stuff in the War Horse Bar is Heliotrope or 'Cherry Pie' plant along with that other herb extract Valerian Root assuming M&D are still using the original recipe. I have idea what goes into WH Green as it always struck me as tasting like that after dinner drink you get in Italian Restaurants. I guess people like the stuff since they keep making it. Does anyone know if War Horse Rub Your Own or RR went out of production?

Originally, I meant to post this here...

~I keep some in my first aid kit. Smoke it right before I have to cauterize a gunshot wound or reset my shoulder by myself. ~ puffy

But, for some reason when I jiggle or drop my phone while typing a post, it will post my reply in a previous thread I was viewing. Anyone else have this happen? Or is it just my ancient cell phone?

• Haha
Reactions: crashthegrey