New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Not entirely related, but smoke a blend and pull up the reviews on tobaccoreviews.com and find a reviewer (with more than 3 reviews) that is telling the story of what you are tasting.

Then you can verify that with another blend or two. If it all is similar to what you taste/experience, then you have a personal reviewer. Curious about a blend, look up your personal reviews notes.

That's what I do for new blends, especially ones I can get bulk samples of to taste.

Reactions: judcole

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
MacBaren is a longstanding premium blending outfit, so you can expect good things. Whether you will like every blend is unknown. Sample a tin and see, before you order a stack of tins. They also make Amphora pouch tobaccos, including a Virginia (and Burley, and English, etc.), so you might want to try that Virginia too.

Reactions: JOHN72

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I've only had a few of the HH line and honestly if any of their offerings sound remotely good go for it. I.e. if you're looking for a certain genre the H.H. version is going to a quality example of it. Though I think you'd dig their latakia flake. It's not really what you'd think of as an English blend but it's a great latakia forward blend with just enough other stuff to smooth out and class up the dark smoky herbal qualities of the latakia. That would be my recommendation based off what you've already said you like. One warning it will dry out very quickly in the tin compared to other blends.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If Doblone d'Oro hadn't been marketed through Savinelli, it could have easily been another HH blend.