PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verdant

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2021
Pacific Northwest
A third of the way through this bowl of Watch City Rouxgaroux in a late 50s, early 60s Comoy’s straight smooth dark brown Deluxe 20 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite tapered stem.
View attachment 96676
Gorgeous pipe. Where did you find Watch City Rouxgaroux? Never heard of that one.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Gorgeous pipe. Where did you find Watch City Rouxgaroux? Never heard of that one.
Thanks, That Comoy's Deluxe is one of my favorite pipes.

Ernie and I created Rouxgaroux, which was my idea, so I have some on hand. It's only sold twice a year at Watch City. I think the next release will be in November, but I'm not certain of that.

Now smoking Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Going to work now.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Packed for tomorrow, Old Joe Krantz original (Elderly Joseph...) in a Stanwell straight saddle stem bulldog 32, a fine compact pipe with a good sufficient bowl. I like it so well, I have one in smooth finish and one in the slightly matte silke brune. Today I ordered a replacement cook top for our kitchen. We wanted the old electric coil style so we can use cast iron skillets and kettles, and these are hard to track down. Or they are overpriced, or not easily available from the local retailers. I finally ordered from applianceconnections.com, a subsidiary of the appliance discounter Geodeker's, headquartered in St. Charles Missouri but big in the northeast in the New York area. I hope this story has a happy ending. The price with warranty was better than most, and shipping was free.

Status
Not open for further replies.