PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Inspired Idler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Denver, CO
I picked some up in the last drop and just plunge my face into the bag and huff lol. I'm also curious if anyone knows why SP offers 16oz and 500g. 16oz comes loose in a bag, does the 500g come sealed in a box?

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I just got a half pound of it myself (from SP). Haven't had it in a long time, and read a post about, remembered I liked it, so went on to SP and ordered it. Did I just get lucky to happen to find it available here in the US, or is it commonly available? Asking so I know to just get a pound next time if need be.

Reactions: ofafeather
Oct 7, 2016
I just got a half pound of it myself (from SP). Haven't had it in a long time, and read a post about, remembered I liked it, so went on to SP and ordered it. Did I just get lucky to happen to find it available here in the US, or is it commonly available? Asking so I know to just get a pound next time if need be.
You can shop elsewhere. For example, Payless had 500 g boxes of Ennerdale in stock at 4:30 pm est on 9/3. I have placed multiple orders with them for various things since they moved from Colorado to Florida’s all filled just fine. Their server is down from time to time, but never for very long.

Ennerdale does seem to be coming in in greater quantities and so far it has appeared in all three shipments Laudisi has released. Still, if you like it and aren’t fast on the draw or don’t scrounge around the net like yours truly, it might be wise to stock up when you do see it.

I know nothing about Jordan Almonds as opposed to Blue Diamond Almonds, but Kendal Flake has almond in the sauce. It also has Tonquin. Some say they taste Tonquin in Ennerdale, I don’t.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
My 7 year tin of Ennerdale is amazing. I tried some from the last SPC batch last night for the first time, but I just rubbed it out straight from the jar to the pipe, big mistake, to moist, but I wanted to try it like this, going to need to dry it out some next time.

I’m really surprised to see a lot GH&C still in stock.... ohhh ?

VegetableSpoons

Might Stick Around
Sep 3, 2021
Harford, Maryland
Pick up some Rum Flake if you still can. Different then Ennerdale but just as good.
I was thinking about grabbing a few ounces to try. I really enjoy navy flakes and the percentage of burley in the blend sounds like it'll make a really interesting smoke. How do you like the toppings? Tobacco reviews only lists rum and maple but I see some reviews mentioning floral notes and licorice/anise flavoring.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I was thinking about grabbing a few ounces to try. I really enjoy navy flakes and the percentage of burley in the blend sounds like it'll make a really interesting smoke. How do you like the toppings? Tobacco reviews only lists rum and maple but I see some reviews mentioning floral notes and licorice/anise flavoring.
Rum flake is decent but I never found it to be particularly flavored. That’s probably just me, though. A good flake.