PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Tatuaje Broadleaf Reserve SW with some brewed coffee from Rwanda. In my ignorance, the only thing I really knew about Rwanda was the horrific ethnic strife/genocide that took placein the 1990s. Well, I've recently learned they grow terrific coffee there as well these days. I absolutely love it and need to try more beans from the country.

20210823_191154.jpg

Like you, the verdict of my palate required repeated exposure. 50g with the pipe, 5-10 cigars. Initial smokes in either were more confusing as anything else.

Were wrapper, binder and filler aged or just the wrapper? An Ashton that they aged sounds very promising. Seems expensive, but it was unusual that when I spent more that I didn't get more.
The wrapper, binder and filler are all aged. This is an excellent cigar.

I don’t keep cigar notes - That is one of the reason which takes me to smoke a few of the sticks to form a memory on the flavor profile

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Now enjoying a Charter Oak Maduro Rothschild. These are a fantastic value in cigars. Under$6 and well made great tasting stick. I must be well rested on my tongue, I am really tasting a great deal from this tonight. Cedar, wood, almost getting a pine or forest taste. Very cool to pick up these things I don’t think I’ve noticed before.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
It's happened, but I am not familiar with the CAO cameroon, so could be the filler. Good cameroon seems to need a little time to cure out and age a bit. They end up a little tangy, and the sourness fades.
Yeah, could mostly be the filler, but what you described, with the sourness sounds like what I experienced.
So, back to the bottom of the humidor with them.
Maybe it's called La Anniversarie? Probably discontinued, bought them via 4noggins.

Way back when the world was in black and white, the comedian George Burns used to have lunch with several friends every week. One of those friends was Groucho Marx

George Burns was a fan of seafood, and his standard order was the sea bass. There was a hit song a back then called “You’ve Got to See Mama Every Night or You Can’t See Mama at All.” One day when Burns ordered the sea bass, Groucho said, “You know, you’ve got to see bass every night or you can’t see bass at all.” This is a good example of a Groucho Marx joke, but not an example of a good Groucho Marx joke.

Anyway, for a long, long time after that, every week Burns would order the sea bass and Groucho would say “You know, you’ve got to see bass every night or you can’t see bass at all.” Groucho enjoyed it more every time he said it. George Burns not so much.

Finally, Burns had had enough. Before everybody had sat down he pulled the waiter aside and said, “Look, I don’t want to order at the table. Please just make a note that I’ll be having the sea bass.”

The waiter said, “Yes sir. By the way, did you know that you’ve got to see bass every night or you can’t see bass at all?”

3A220D9F-FEFC-4C1B-A272-D1C9AE19B6F7.jpeg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Cohiba Red Dot, Pequeno. I like these little guys. Smooth, rich, nutty, not too much spice, not pepper anyway. Smoke them slowly, they act like a bigger cigar.
Your post made me dig one out and fire it up.. A generous gift from a friendo. A bit stronger than I remembered, though still mediumish in strength, body and flavor. Nice combination with my morning Rwandan coffee.

20210825_095713.jpg

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
My first La Gloria Cubana Classic Maduro Wavell. I love this cigar. Rich, sweet, no pepper, medium strength and body. Draw on this one is a bit tight, what does one do to help this without ruining a cigar? It has happened on a few cigars before. Anyone know if this is a sweetened cap? It tastes a little like it could be, but it’s not over the top.

Pipesandstuff

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2021
Orlando, Fl
My first La Gloria Cubana Classic Maduro Wavell. I love this cigar. Rich, sweet, no pepper, medium strength and body. Draw on this one is a bit tight, what does one do to help this without ruining a cigar? It has happened on a few cigars before. Anyone know if this is a sweetened cap? It tastes a little like it could be, but it’s not over the top.
If the draw is a bit tight, dry boxing (throwing a cigar in an unhumidified box, like an old cigar box) could take care of the issue. I keep most of my smokes around 65% rh, but there are come, especially maduros, that I'll give anywhere from a few hours to 2 days of dry boxing. Some of the moisture will draw out of the leaf making for a looser draw. . . I haven't smoked an LGC in 20 years, but I don't recall that they've ever infused or used condiments. Sweetened caps are rarely seen in the hand rolled market.

Status
Not open for further replies.