PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briarberg

Might Stick Around
Aug 3, 2021
Richmond, Virginia
Hello, Greg here from Richmond, Virginia. 26 year old. Almost as new to pipe smoking as I am to the forum. Started a job with a pipe retailer about a month ago (loving it) and figured I’d see what the pipe thing was all about (also loving it). Already have gotten some great insight as a new pipe smoker here, look forward to more of that.briarberg_piper.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Richmond, the lack of sprawl and rapid transition from city to countryside. Years ago, we got a deal at the Jefferson Hotel, spectacular old place with a vast atrium lobby. We had a great Sunday brunch there, and went to see Edgar Allen Poe's house and plantations. Welcome aboard from central North Carolina.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Been a long time since I've been to Richmond, My dad owned a plot of woodlands out in the boonies outside of Richmond. Beautiful place with more sheep then people (where he owned land, not Richmond). Richmond if I remember correctly is much more Urban then it seems like it should be considering how middle of nowhere the surrounding areas are. Welcome aboard.

Reactions: Briarberg

Briarberg

Might Stick Around
Aug 3, 2021
Richmond, Virginia
I like Richmond, the lack of sprawl and rapid transition from city to countryside. Years ago, we got a deal at the Jefferson Hotel, spectacular old place with a vast atrium lobby. We had a great Sunday brunch there, and went to see Edgar Allen Poe's house and plantations. Welcome aboard from central North Carolina.
That lobby and I are well acquainted from my college pizza driver days, beautiful. Yes, I love being in this condensed city where the river is a quick 5 min drive down the road, one of my favorite places to light a pipe. The Poe Museum is wonderful, although not one he lived in, I believe it's the longest standing home in the city. Not much survived the fires of 1885. Interesting history. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That lobby and I are well acquainted from my college pizza driver days, beautiful. Yes, I love being in this condensed city where the river is a quick 5 min drive down the road, one of my favorite places to light a pipe. The Poe Museum is wonderful, although not one he lived in, I believe it's the longest standing home in the city. Not much survived the fires of 1885. Interesting history. Thanks for the warm welcome!
We got some Poe stuff near here. Including Poe Paddy (not sure what the second word is about), but I did once find out how much it pisses off yellow jackets if you accidentally put your hand in their hives.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Greg = welcome from PA. The Richmond pipe show CORPS will be in your town in October. Looks like you can attend without having to rent a hotel room. That will be a great place to soak up a lot of pipe knowledge and contacts, as well as puffing a variety of interesting tobaccos.

hp
les

Status
Not open for further replies.