PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

deadidunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2020
Hineston, LA
I thought about doing that but I really did have too much.
A co-worker gave me a bowl worth of some tobacco. He didn't tell me what it was, and when asked, he couldn't remember the name; just that he liked it. I therefore went on a buying spree of what I thought it may be...... If it had latakia, I could barely tell it, but I swore it had to be some type of oriental mix due to prevalent tangy and floral notes I had picked up, but was super strong. Later, he brought me a tin of C&D "The Beast" and told me he thinks that's what the sample was. Turns out that's what it was and I absolutely love it! True to the name, it's a beast, but has awesome notes when sipped. I have a lot of oriental leaning tobaccos to sample in the future lol.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Yes indeed!! I recently had to sell some tobacco . I smoke 1-2 bowls a day, what I have will last a long time. But I got a little burned out with Latakia, and I had way too much of it. So now I'm adjusting and buying blends like these. (I'll just keep telling myself this to justify future purchases. hahaha!)
I'm finding I like Latakia more in the cooler weather. During the summer, I may go a week without smoking it at least once.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I ordered two tins. The blend sounds nice, but it's the retro and very regal artwork that made me take notice. I'm a sucker for nice looking tin art. I like the artsy cartoonish c&d artwork, but the old fashioned tin art really gets me. It's a Jason trap, making something that good looking.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
R

Rattray

It really shouldn't. Roll Cake has maple flavouring, very little Kentucky, and no Perique. Don't know Stockton, and sadly haven't managed to try Doblone D'Oro but damn, a proper VaPerKy by MacBaren sounds amazing.
I suspect the quantity of Perique should be very condimental - very little - and I'm expecting it to have a light casing just like all their Roll Cakes.

Aug 29, 2021
Hi, new to this site and was reading the hype. I picked up two tins, one for me and one for a friend. I realized I should’ve ordered more. Is there anyone out there that has some available?