PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Thought about this awhile. I don't need alcohol when smoking, but I do need smoke when drinking. Typically, I need my beer when grilling and that means I need my vape or smoke. Been like that forever.

Reactions: JOHN72

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Went to IHOP for breakfast since I was on the road. They gave me one cup of coffee. One freaking cup! No carafe! Not even the sweetener container on the table! But their chicken fried steak was very nice, and those pancakes still hit the spot.

Reactions: JOHN72 and Kal

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I like a hot English breakfast tea with a bit of milk or half and half with a bowl. Sometimes a scotch or old fashioned, or wine, but we have an alcohol problem in our house and both of us need to cut back so alcohol is pretty rare for me any more.

I did used to really enjoy a good scotch with a big heavy English blend, or a good wind with an aged Virginia. The trouble was keeping it moderate and not waking up face down in the lawn.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just never tried it with coffee or tea, I really need to give it a try now! Don’t worry for my liver, I usually only smoke and drink on weekends, except now because I have the summer off, the joy of teaching. I usually light a bowl in the late afternoon with a drink and I cannot drink coffee past noon or I won’t sleep but I will explore the pairing with tea and iced tea!
Be careful with the tea. Some have as much or more caffeine than coffee. When I drink tea after my coffee, I drink Luzzianne de cafe tea. I either drink it sweet with Stevia and ice or I drink it hot with Stevia. I like my tea hot or cold very sweet. I found Stevia over ten years ago and have been using it ever since.

Reactions: vink and JOHN72
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Went to IHOP for breakfast since I was on the road. They gave me one cup of coffee. One freaking cup! No carafe! Not even the sweetener container on the table! But their chicken fried steak was very nice, and those pancakes still hit the spot.
Going there for breakfast was your first mistake…..lol!

• Haha
Reactions: Kal

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Loose leaf black or oolong tea, Virgil's Root Beer, freshly pulled espresso or late, iced espresso, hot cocoa are all great companions to a pipe. I don't do alcohol and smoking together.

Reactions: Kal and JOHN72

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
I don’t usually drink while smoking, for me pipe tobacco seems muted after a sip of bourbon.

I still enjoy both, but keep them apart. Cigars on the other hand... bingo.

Nothing beats a pipe and coffee.

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
I can’t enjoy my life without alcohol, but that is another issue altogether…

I have a couple whiskies before and with my dinner, and might have a pipe after, but rarely mix. Coffee, water, tea, or nothing would be my pipe friend.

Reactions: Kal

Kal

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2021
Misplaced Texan, in Ohio
There is some english blends that is so smooth and delicious, that I just want to kick back outdoors with a good lager and a full pipe and enjoy the moment.
Today is one of them days. ?

Reactions: elvishrunes