PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Visiting Basel, Switzerland, over the weekend I could not miss Sven Steinmann's dedicated pipe shop. Great selection of pipes and tobaccos (a lot of Gawith, some Rattrays, some GLP and C&D, Peterson, and the selection in the other Basel shops), and Sven is a top guy to boot.

There are some very well-stocked cigar shops in Basel, but the pipe tobacco selection is limited (although still far better than Greece!): Capstan, Davidoff, Peterson (EMP, Nightcap, 965), Erinmore, Three Nuns, some MacBaren, some hot air aromatics, a few aromatic house mixtures.
  • 100g of Full Virginia PLUG, really really delicious. Was on the fence about trying this one given how annoyed I got with StJames Flake, not being a pure Virginia guy, and having smoked only a small sample of Full Virginia Flake. This stuff is delicious, cube cut and let dry over 5 hours (was still moist, Basel is humid) it smoked very well with very nice, deep taste: interplay between hay, sweetness and bakery, some spice. Now I am wondering why I did not get more, and have my sights on StJames Plug.
  • 50g Synjeco Bad Nun II - very heavily stoved VaPer, almost black, oily, deep, dark, sweet, fair amount of nicotineIMG_20210728_114619.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.