PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pip01

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 3, 2018
NJ
In the summers I like any straight Va or vaper. I also like Erinmore and Ennerdale flake on a hot day. When I want something smoky I prefer dark fired blends in the summer and latakia in the cooler months.

B_Rock

Jul 11, 2020
San Jose, CA
It‘s still relatively cool in Northern California ...and technically not summer…but I’m ripping through this tin of Eight State Burley - seems like a nice summer smoke!

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
Now that the weather is warming, I find myself reaching for more Bayou Morning and SG Navy Flake and less heavy Englishes. But still lots of burley and aromatic blends. And I still enjoy my English by the fireside.

Reactions: LotusEater
Jun 23, 2019
Odd for me to hear people shift towards virginia and va/per blends in the summer; I do the exact opposite - because of their natural tendency to burn hotter, I almost always smoke those blends in cooler temps.

One blend I really appreciate in the summertime is Samuel Gawith's Balkan Flake. It's advertised as "Deliciously Cool" and that's pretty much exactly what you get. I popped a tin from 2013 a few months ago, but really have been waiting for the weather to get warmer before I tackled it.

Here's some pics I took when I popped the tin and jarred:

noZnxmpl.jpg

kZD5dLkl.jpg

Man, if it didn't unceremoniously drop to 66 here today, I'd definitely have packed a bowl of this crystalized beauty. But alas, it's freezing today!

C

carolinasmokes

I pretty much smoke the same blends year round, every now and then I'll venture outside of my comfort zone.

PipesRock

Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Pretty much the same blends but summer time also makes room for Sunset Harbor Flake sometimes with Bijou mixed in.

biodarwin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2019
Indy
I am definitely a seasonal smoker. I'm only smoking Va, VA/Per, VA/Per/Ori blends when it's hot out. I can't drink a Guinness in the summer either. My goto's:
F&T Virginia and blended plug
John Aylesberry Luxury Flake
C&D Sunday Picnic

Reactions: dcicero

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
Odd for me to hear people shift towards virginia and va/per blends in the summer; I do the exact opposite - because of their natural tendency to burn hotter, I almost always smoke those blends in cooler temps.

It's not the heat, it's the humidity. No, that's not quite it. For me, it's the heavy feel that latikia brings. Virginias and vapers are much lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.