PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Well, I may be wrong, but I think that Pipes & Cigars is the same company as Cigars International. They're both located in Bethlehem & if you compare the P&C cigar section to the CI site, they are identical, aside from cosmetics. If this is true then yes you can indeed visit a retail store, although I've been to CI and the pipe related products are pretty lackluster.

EDIT: If you inspect the HTML of the "Big List of Brands" from both sites the div names are identical, so I'm gonna guess that they'er the same company.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
I’ve been there a few times. Worth stopping, but not a very overwhelming experience. They have a storefront with some sitting areas outside. It’s not like a factory tour type of thing. It’s pretty much just a cigar and tobacco shop.

The CI in Hamburg PA (by Cabelas) is a better experience. Big open store, we’ll-stocked and they have booze and food within the facility. Enjoy your travels!

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Let me know if they actually have more than one phone operator or customer service representative.
That’s what I found odd about going there. You would never even realize that there is a very large scale online tobacco operation going on there. Maybe it’s not? The warehouse is quite possibly not where the store is? Don’t know, but it sure wasn’t indicative of such.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I just have to say that is one of many PA towns that doesn't even know how to pronounce it's own name. Like Bella Fontea pronounced Bell Font, Dubois pronounced do boys, And Reading should be pronounced like reading and writing but instead it's pronounced redding. I guess what I am trying to say is don't drink the water they put something in it.

• Haha
Reactions: STP and aquadoc

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I just have to say that is one of many PA towns that doesn't even know how to pronounce it's own name. Like Bella Fontea pronounced Bell Font, Dubois pronounced do boys, And Reading should be pronounced like reading and writing but instead it's pronounced redding. I guess what I am trying to say is don't drink the water they put something in it.
… and many that are easily pronounced, but a little funny, like Blue Ball, Virginville, Fertility, Bumpville, Two Lick Valley, Intercourse, Climax, Jugtown, Beaver… and even Big Beaver, to name a few.

Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.