PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Before I read this thread I'd never heard of Buckwheat hull pillows. I looked on Amazon and they seem quite pricey and sellers are a tad vague about how to clean/launder them but I'll sure be looking more into these things so thanks guys.

Regards,

Jay.
You can find them other than on Amazon. Any Asian imports home goods shop should carry them. You can avoid paying an extra 30% for the label.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Dang it now you guys have me obsessing over a buckwheat pillow! I thought I tried them all... Been using an $80 cooling memory foam with decent success last couple years and time for a new one. Nothing has helped like the spot injected steroid shot a couple months back but I think it's wearing off. Tomorrow MRI results... Today Amazon Buckwheat pillow!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"You can find them other than on Amazon. Any Asian imports home goods shop should carry them. You can avoid paying an extra 30% for the label."

Jesse, Amazon is usually my start point when looking into products that are new to me, I then get a rough Idea on the product itself and also pricing. Only once I know what I'm after will I start to go shopping on the web. That said, I do often end up buying whatever from Amazon due to quick and free P&P and a simple returns process.

One example I was looking at was a plastic bag of husks and an empty case.....one had to fill it oneself to make the pillow and it cost nearly £40 cray

Regards,

Jay.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Dang it now you guys have me obsessing over a buckwheat pillow! I thought I tried them all... Been using an $80 cooling memory foam with decent success last couple years and time for a new one. Nothing has helped like the spot injected steroid shot a couple months back but I think it's wearing off. Tomorrow MRI results... Today Amazon Buckwheat pillow!
I have developed significant neck issues. I got introduced to buckwheat pillows a couple of decades ago and haven't found anything made by anyone that works as well for me. These pillows have been in use for hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years. Pretty good track record.

C

carolinasmokes

I bought three of these. Best pillow I've ever had. Washable/Dryable, renews the firmness.
Being washable and dryable is what sold me on it. You can also throw them in the dyer on high heat for about 20 minutes to renew the firmness without washing. I've had mine for a couple of years now, and its been washed and dried a few times and still sleeps well, like new. I'm putting his 10 year warranty to the test for sure.

sumusfumus

Jul 20, 2017
New York City
I had a buckwheat pillow at one time. It worked great.

Take notice! NEVER wash and then dry a buckwheat pillow. Don't ask me how I know this.
I should confess and explain.

Once, a loooong time ago, I had a buckwheat pillow. Loved it. I like a pillow that stays "cold" and the buckwheat pillow stays cooler than most pillows. Yada, yada, yada....one day I decided the pillow needed to be laundered and refreshed, so I stuck the pillow in my washing machine, on the gentle cycle, and washed it. My guard was down and I didn't think it through when I stuck the damp, heavy, pillow into the clothes dryer. I hit the "on" button and left the pillow in the dryer. As I left the basement, I could hear the heavy pillow clunking around in the dryer. When I later returned I opened the dryer to take out my nice clean pillow. The cursing that followed was a tour de force performance! That pillow had ripped apart at the seams and there was buckwheat all over the dryer, in the filter, and clogging the vent hose. Buckwheat was everywhere. How the gas dryer didn't catch fire was a miracle! It took me days to take the dryer apart and vacuum out all the buckwheat.

What a total butt-hole I was to wash and dry a pillow that was stuffed with buckwheat.

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
My 10c worth: It also depends on how you normally sleep. I sleep on the side or even stomach (I know.. not good.. but just can't change it), so I need a very thin pillow. I started even travelling with one since these huge hotel pillows kill me... For me it's a thin memory foam pillow.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
I have developed significant neck issues. I got introduced to buckwheat pillows a couple of decades ago and haven't found anything made by anyone that works as well for me. These pillows have been in use for hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years. Pretty good track record.
Good to hear. Pillow, case and two extra pounds of buckwheat on the way.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
3BA6C0BD-5896-4FE5-9B4D-6E05234A6793.jpeg
Mostly 1 star reviews on their own site. We see who on this forum is susceptible to repeated deceptive claims. ? sound familiar?

Status
Not open for further replies.