PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
10,000 iu vitamin D, vitamin C, Zinc. If you have had, or are going to have any blood work, inquire about your vit D level, measured in ng/ml. It has a lot to do with how your immune system works. Most people, without knowing it, have deficient or insufficient levels of vit D. My two cents. I'm not a medical professional.

PS I like that Morel mushroom! Take care, and I hope you are well soon.
The efficacy of this has been pretty widely shot down. I do it anyway, figuring it won't hurt. I'm fully vaccinated as is everyone I know. Had no serious reaction to either shot.

Having had Covid-19 will give you increased resistance but not immunity and may not offer protection to mutations. Vaccines work pretty well. People seem unaware that there were over 11 years of research and development into Coronavirus vaccines, starting under the Bush Administration, before the pandemic hit. These vaccines didn't just sudenly develop out of nowhere.

Its a personal choice. I made the choice to get vaccinated. There are risks with all vaccines and there always were. When I was a kid, people got vaccinated for a variety of things, like polio. We didn't argue over it. It made sense and was the better option.

Given the growing data on potential long term effects of even a seemingly mild case of Covid-19, it made even more sense to me to take the jab.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Well, I can’t taste or smell and it’s like someone beat me with a baseball bat. Test is positive, so, I isolate and hope for the best. No fever, no cough and no congestion as of yet - so, I’ll count those as positives.

Plan to peruse the forum when I’m awake, but sadly no what am I smoking today. Can’t taste or smell shit. Optimistic about the whole thing - but, still some unnerving things.

I’m new to forum, but enjoying it. Fun place with good people. When my taste returns, I’m pretty sure my first bowl will be bayou morning. I love that shit!

Anyway, my absence isn’t for hate, just due course. Cheers and keep the embers going.
Hope you recover quickly, and Bayou Morning is also one of my favorites so far

Mar 1, 2014
Well, I can’t taste or smell and it’s like someone beat me with a baseball bat. Test is positive, so, I isolate and hope for the best. No fever, no cough and no congestion as of yet - so, I’ll count those as positives.

Plan to peruse the forum when I’m awake, but sadly no what am I smoking today. Can’t taste or smell shit. Optimistic about the whole thing - but, still some unnerving things.

I’m new to forum, but enjoying it. Fun place with good people. When my taste returns, I’m pretty sure my first bowl will be bayou morning. I love that shit!

Anyway, my absence isn’t for hate, just due course. Cheers and keep the embers going.
Quick get some Frosty Mint!

No tastebuds necessary.

ChippewaAce

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2021
Tennessee

Prayers for you man! Went through that back in January and had senses return with a couple weeks at the most. Began taking Zinc supplements from Kroger and it seemed to have helped bring the senses back sooner.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
The efficacy of this has been pretty widely shot down. I do it anyway, figuring it won't hurt. I'm fully vaccinated as is everyone I know. Had no serious reaction to either shot.

Having had Covid-19 will give you increased resistance but not immunity and may not offer protection to mutations. Vaccines work pretty well. People seem unaware that there were over 11 years of research and development into Coronavirus vaccines, starting under the Bush Administration, before the pandemic hit. These vaccines didn't just sudenly develop out of nowhere.

Its a personal choice. I made the choice to get vaccinated. There are risks with all vaccines and there always were. When I was a kid, people got vaccinated for a variety of things, like polio. We didn't argue over it. It made sense and was the better option.

Given the growing data on potential long term effects of even a seemingly mild case of Covid-19, it made even more sense to me to take the jab.
I had read on CBC News, that's the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (not Conspiracy Bull and Cockamamie, though sometimes I wonder...) for those who don't know, that that research had indeed taken place but was ultimately scrapped. Reason being, no one needs a vaccine for the cold, which is caused by a coronavirus. So yes, coronavirus research did take place around ten years ago, but anyone who is trying to tell you they worked on this vaccine since then is full of shit. Pardon my French.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Canadian Bullshitting Corp.

They and other lamestream media outlets bought the whole production run of this:

003-449-0001.jpg

and have been spoon-feeding it to the masses for over a year.

No wonder I struggled to find a tin of it months ago.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
The efficacy of this has been pretty widely shot down.
Really...? I'm not saying it's a cure for an active case of the virus, but I will stand by,

"If you have had, or are going to have any blood work, inquire about your vit D level, measured in ng/ml. It has a lot to do with how your immune system works. Most people, without knowing it, have deficient or insufficient levels of vit D."

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Really...? I'm not saying it's a cure for an active case of the virus, but I will stand by,

"If you have had, or are going to have any blood work, inquire about your vit D level, measured in ng/ml. It has a lot to do with how your immune system works. Most people, without knowing it, have deficient or insufficient levels of vit D."
The cure? Most likely not.

Part of an effective treatment? Definitely.

Yes, most people are vitamin-D-deficient, and those with darker skin tones and/or living south/north of the 30°'s latitudes do not get enough from exposure to the sun, thus, they need to get it from supplements and/or foods rich in said vitamin.

The purpose of treatment is not merely "kill the pathogen" or "reduce symptoms"**, but to nourish the body and boost its natural defences so that it can fight back the illness, with or without the aid from medications. Hence my previous post encouraging a good diet. Yes, crab will probably taste like crap to someone who has no sense of taste, but the point is not to enjoy the meal, but to strengthen the organism.

**Supressing symptoms, by the way, is a very idiotic thing to do, medically speaking. A man of physick's mission is to restore health, not to bullshit the patient and its body into thinking it's not ill or that it's not that bad.

MidnightPuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2020
Ohio

My best wishes to you, rest and recover.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I had read on CBC News, that's the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (not Conspiracy Bull and Cockamamie, though sometimes I wonder...) for those who don't know, that that research had indeed taken place but was ultimately scrapped. Reason being, no one needs a vaccine for the cold, which is caused by a coronavirus. So yes, coronavirus research did take place around ten years ago, but anyone who is trying to tell you they worked on this vaccine since then is full of shit. Pardon my French.
You have been misinformed. Research continued until 2017 when it was stopped. The work was not scraped. It was carefully mothballed so it could continue if the need arose.
Moderna had its vaccine ready to go in March of last year but it needed to go through trials. Pfizer had been working independently on its own vaccine. Pfizer was not part of operation Warp Speed.
Conronaviruses aren't the only cause of what is referred to as the "common cold". Rinoviruses cause it as well. The research had nothing to do with the common cold, it had to do with concerns over another outbreak like SARS or MERS.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
You have been misinformed. Research continued until 2017 when it was stopped. The work was not scraped. It was carefully mothballed so it could continue if the need arose.
Moderna had its vaccine ready to go in March of last year but it needed to go through trials. Pfizer had been working independently on its own vaccine. Pfizer was not part of operation Warp Speed.
Conronaviruses aren't the only cause of what is referred to as the "common cold". Rinoviruses cause it as well. The research had nothing to do with the common cold, it had to do with concerns over another outbreak like SARS or MERS.
Merck was working on a different vaccine and adapted to COVID 19

Status
Not open for further replies.