PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Watching the pleasure on a smoker's face today as he inhaled, I thought to myself that smoking is not going to pack up and go away, no matter how persecuted or delimited. The oral gratification, most notably taste, is substantial, as is the pleasure for pipe and cigar smokers of sucking and manipulating the smoke both in the mouth and on the exhale; and for cigarette smokers welcoming the sear in the lungs and involving the breath.

They may cut the numbers of smokers by half or more, but the pleasure of the act will outweigh the contraries. There's always going to be cigarette smokers whose skin crawls for that next butt, and pipe and cigar smokers finding an hour a day for solitary pleasure.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
There will always be old guys like me who are retired and can spend their days and nights smoking their glorious weed in their favorite spots with no one to bother them. Then there will always be the new guys who think pipe smoking is just too cool and they need to find out how to do it.

We are untouchable and will always find a way to smoke the best tobacco's available or from our cellars that have grown for decades.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Yeah, they will have to pry my tobacco from my cold, dead fingers! Come and get it!
What’s your address? ???
It was Peterson. He was a son of a carpenter and God. Humble and practical. I'm pretty sure he could turn goat milk into a fine bottle of Irish whiskey.
Peterson?? Who can afford those things? Lol!!

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
This is it for me! The few hours a week of relaxation/decompression I derive from smoking is healthier than the stress it relieves. And that's coming from several doctors I've been to.
Absolutely ! Down time, me time - call it what you will.

I'm lucky my wife is very conscious of that and, apart from sticking her head out the door to ask if she can bring me a cup of tea or coffee, leaves me completely alone with my pipes or cigar until I'm done

This is it for me! The few hours a week of relaxation/decompression I derive from smoking is healthier than the stress it relieves. And that's coming from several doctors I've been to.
Funny you should mention this. It was actually suggested by my doctor as an excellent way to reduce the stress and anxiety levels in my life. It has worked flawlessly.

I have no idea if my pipe is better for me than say, Prozac, but I bet it's a lot more enjoyable not ever having tried the latter.. puffy

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Funny you should mention this. It was actually suggested by my doctor as an excellent way to reduce the stress and anxiety levels in my life. It has worked flawlessly.

I have no idea if my pipe is better for me than say, Prozac, but I bet it's a lot more enjoyable not ever having tried the latter.. puffy
With a pipe, your serotonin levels are probably the same, but you’re having more fun...lol!