Hawaii
I want to hear a tasting...

Your wish is my command!
?‍♀️

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Wow! They must of air dropped your shipment, ha ha. But, of course, they probably had someone in a Maserati deliver yours, which would only make sense.

Jim has one of those bank drive thru tubes under his house. SP can drop a can in their end and hit go, then Jim gets it 4 minutes later.

I accidentally scored a sack of Peacehaven and one of St. Ives yesterday, so I'm sitting this one out.

1622064865392.jpeg

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
I've only been at this for a few weeks and H&H and C&D have both come out with a limited run.
The marketing of limited runs is in almost every other interest of mine. Good to know it's a general practice. FOMO usually takes hold and I buy, just like they designed it. haha. I guess I can throw them in a box and open them later when I know what I'm supposed to be tasting.
Step 1: Absolutely ignore the limited release hype. There are so many great tobaccos, that are readily available, that these releases are just eye rolling.

Step 2: Whatever you do DO NOT jump on the Esoterica hype train. Esoterica is a good smoke, but it's not made from unicorn tears. It's just good quality tobacco. There is a mega S**TLOAD of tobacco that is as good if not better that is readily available.

Step 3: If you find that you like a certain blend, ie. latakia, Virginia, VaPer, Burley, Aromatic, etc., just give a shout out and the amazing members here will FLOOD you with recommendations to try.

Step 4: Don't focus on the destination of acquiring the ultimate tobacco, focus on enjoying the journey, because there are TONS of great tobaccos and your tastes will always be evolving/changing, so focus on just having fun.

Caveat: I'm really a cigar smoker who fell in love with pipes, but my first love is cigars. So take this with a big grain of sand because there are people who will tell me to go pound sand. But... ?‍♂️

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
Step 1: Absolutely ignore the limited release hype. There are so many great tobaccos, that are readily available, that these releases are just eye rolling.

Step 2: Whatever you do DO NOT jump on the Esoterica hype train. Esoterica is a good smoke, but it's not made from unicorn tears. It's just good quality tobacco. There is a mega S**TLOAD of tobacco that is as good if not better that is readily available.

Step 3: If you find that you like a certain blend, ie. latakia, Virginia, VaPer, Burley, Aromatic, etc., just give a shout out and the amazing members here will FLOOD you with recommendations to try.

Step 4: Don't focus on the destination of acquiring the ultimate tobacco, focus on enjoying the journey, because there are TONS of great tobaccos and your tastes will always be evolving/changing, so focus on just having fun.

Caveat: I'm really a cigar smoker who fell in love with pipes, but my first love is cigars. So take this with a big grain of sand because there are people who will tell me to go pound sand. But... ?‍♂️

Couldn’t agree more. (Also a cigar lover first and foremost).

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I'm looking forward to your review Jim! And thanks Shane for the video review, it helped me decide (green light!). I'm glad someone above mentioned the vid review in these posts!
kindly
mike
Have you ever seen a review by Shane that wasn't favorable? If so, please post!

He has smoked through a ton of tobaccos and seems to have a great palate. I also enjoy his reviews as well as gangs mystery reviews when they do them together, but he isn't going to tell you that it's crap and not to buy it. I think he would give @cigrmaster a run for his money in sales!!

May 15, 2021
OH

Appreciate it. I've been using the search function to find recommendations for now.
Yeah, I'm not to worried about the limited releases. I have like 20+ blends to try.
On your step 4, I'm kind of in between. I've found a few blends that I really like. Unfortunately the journey has tobacco that smells and tastes like black liquorice and/or wax lips.

Funnily enough I bought some cigars first. While waiting for them I grabbed a pipe and some tobacco. Cigars are still sitting there. Should probably fire one of those up this weekend.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sure, you buying!
I buy it by the pound and it's one of my top 10.