PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Ooff, one of those days I’d have liked to sleep through but what are you gonna do?
Smoke!
Two Friends English Chocolate in the Longchamp Bulldog. Although I’m sixteen days away from my goal of not drinking hard liquor for three months I’m breaking down and having a tot of rum. I’ve proven to myself that I can go without it and that’s fine by me. I’m not made of stone after all. Just two fingers.image.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed an early lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Going to have a very busy day. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Peaty Kentucky in Peterson Christmas 2019 999. GEC74. Very nice smoke. I don't detect any flavor other than mellow and smooth tobacco. Still a touch of sweetness and pine. I'm gonna miss it when I'm done. Four coins stacked and folded in half. Stuffed and topped with left over bits. Initial light didn't take. Neither did next one. Third one took and needed two more relight during smoke. Slow burning.

IMG_20210504_114613_137.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Have about a third of a bowl left of year 2002 McClelland Christmas Cheer in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a multi-colored ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top with a black vulcanite stem. This will finish the sample. Only had half a bowl left.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Anyone else having problems with allergies messing with their tastebuds? Mid-morning eyes started burning, nose running, stuffed head after taking an allergy med. The much-anticipated noontime bowl of beloved Royal Yacht hardly had any taste and was a bit strident. Noticed I had left a bit of Bagpiper's Dream from yesterday (usually a little strident at the first light) and that was very smooth and flavorful by comparison although I couldn't taste the cognac. My internal med Doc confided that this is "Florida's little secret," namely that there's a major allergy event every eight weeks year round. Time to ditch the pipes and tobacco collections and just go the "CarterHall n' cob" route? Was thinking about trying to get by for several months on just two bulk blends. Any verteran's thoughts out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.