PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Earlier this month, I received 5 blends in hopes of finding the right NIC hit and here are my reviews:

Five Brothers: smokes and tastes like cayenne pepper, no nicotine at all even being the first pipe of the day... serious disappointed

Gawith Black Twist: earthy taste, no nicotine hit

Gawith Brown Twist: earthy taste, no nicotine

Grand Courier Jackpot: not too bad on the taste but no nicotine

Peterson Sherlock Holmes: this isnt really a bad blend with regards to tatse but as to nicotine, nothing.

* I also combined Stokkebye DFK, brown and black twist and five brothers but no nicotine hit at all*

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Sounds like you are seriously nic tolerant. As others have mentioned - use another source of nicotine and smoke what you like or take a break from nicotine altogether.

There are ways to maximize the nicotine from pipe tobacco. One is to smoke very finely prepared tobacco. Maybe use a grinder. Smoke that fairly dry in the widest bowl you can. Thats would maximize nicotine delivery in the shortest amount of time. The other side of that is on deeper bowls you will get more nicotine toward the bottom of the bowl.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Earlier this month, I received 5 blends in hopes of finding the right NIC hit and here are my reviews:

Five Brothers: smokes and tastes like cayenne pepper, no nicotine at all even being the first pipe of the day... serious disappointed

Gawith Black Twist: earthy taste, no nicotine hit

Gawith Brown Twist: earthy taste, no nicotine

Grand Courier Jackpot: not too bad on the taste but no nicotine

Peterson Sherlock Holmes: this isnt really a bad blend with regards to tatse but as to nicotine, nothing.

* I also combined Stokkebye DFK, brown and black twist and five brothers but no nicotine hit at all*
Nicotine from pipe smoking hits in a much different way than cigarettes or even dip/chew. Cigs and dip are like injecting nicotine directly into your veins with an immediate effect.

The smaller amount of nicotine, combined with the method of delivery in pipe smoking makes a “nic hit” something of a phantom. It’s there (I quit a two pack a day cig habit with OJK and 5 brothers) but it’s a different beast. It’s not an immediate hit, but a slowly building, less intense effect that many pipe smokers don’t even notice more than on occasion.

You have to adjust your expectations, and if you still use a high-Nic delivery like cigs or dip, you’ll likely never notice even the strongest of pipe blends.

It’s like the difference between beer-bonging a twelve pack verses sipping a single beer over 40 minutes. One’s gonna get you flat out wasted immediately, while the other might just give you a little bit of a comfy glow after you’re done.

Smoke some straight perique.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
This might be helpful: Nicotine is not cocaine, LSD, or morphine, or meth. Whatever you are looking for, you will not find it here.

Nicotine can provide an increase sense of awareness, allow thoughts to become more vivid and in general do things like helping Einstein focus long enough to envision how the universe operates. It will not make you high in the manner of the drugs listed above.

But it can make you feel sick to your stomach. Consider yourself fortunate that you can smoke heavier blends without getting knocked on your feet.

For the type of smoke you are looking for, I recommend the following blend: Salvia Divinorum. I promise you, you will find what you are looking for in it.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
This might be helpful: Nicotine is not cocaine, LSD, or morphine, or meth. Whatever you are looking for, you will not find it here.

Nicotine can provide an increase sense of awareness, allow thoughts to become more vivid and in general do things like helping Einstein focus long enough to envision how the universe operates. It will not make you high in the manner of the drugs listed above.

But it can make you feel sick to your stomach. Consider yourself fortunate that you can smoke heavier blends without getting knocked on your feet.

For the type of smoke you are looking for, I recommend the following blend: Salvia Divinorum. I promise you, you will find what you are looking for in it.

Jesus H. Dominguez! Don’t recommend that shit to anyone!

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com

Totally not into smoking things that alter your state of being. I do not even like alcohol.

Reactions: ofafeather

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Nicotine from pipe smoking hits in a much different way than cigarettes or even dip/chew. Cigs and dip are like injecting nicotine directly into your veins with an immediate effect.

The smaller amount of nicotine, combined with the method of delivery in pipe smoking makes a “nic hit” something of a phantom. It’s there (I quit a two pack a day cig habit with OJK and 5 brothers) but it’s a different beast. It’s not an immediate hit, but a slowly building, less intense effect that many pipe smokers don’t even notice more than on occasion.

You have to adjust your expectations, and if you still use a high-Nic delivery like cigs or dip, you’ll likely never notice even the strongest of pipe blends.

It’s like the difference between beer-bonging a twelve pack verses sipping a single beer over 40 minutes. One’s gonna get you flat out wasted immediately, while the other might just give you a little bit of a comfy glow after you’re done.

Smoke some straight perique.
Many have suggested OJK and I may have to get several of the blends of OJK. I will say that Stokkebye Highland Whiskey blend does have a great affect on me.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Reactions: ofafeather

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I am not as nicotine tolerant as you are, but I can stop smoking a pipe and never get a nicotine craving. When I get a buzz, it is a nice plus, but I never go looking for a buzz, virtually never. Rather than searching for that, at least give pipe smoking without the buzz a try. I think anything you do that satisfies your craving is going to be deleterious to your health. I can attest, there is much more to pipe smoking than that high. It makes some nauseated and makes them throw up. It leads people to three pack a day plus cigarette habits, as with my late wife who was finally able to quit. I'd reassess your nicotine need.

Status
Not open for further replies.