What Technique Do You Use for Brewing Loose Tea?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
New Cigars
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
After few drinks, I find amazing answers. I use "ancient NC secret method." It involves corn mash. We don't need tea bag, but copper pot is preferred.

elnoblecigarro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2020
I have a glass pot for when making tea for 1 or 2 and the classic porcelain for more cups. It’s a nice looking way to brew.
What kind of glass pot do you use? Is there some kind of mesh for leaves or do you just throw them in there?

1618593368633.png

This kind of tea would look great in glass pot. Opens into a flower.

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
What kind of glass pot do you use? Is there some kind of mesh for leaves or do you just throw them in there?

View attachment 75529

This kind of tea would look great in glass pot. Opens into a flower.
I use This one. It has a mesh built into the lid that strains the tea as you pour. Flowering tea looks awesome in it.

Reactions: elnoblecigarro

mithridate

Might Stick Around
Jun 12, 2018
Central Ostrobothnia, Finland
I prefer gaiwan to everything else I have tried so far. It builds up the atmosphere, as you can pour more water once, twice, thrice... And get each time a bit different taste. Also, you get all out of the leaves. It is very general - at least among people I know - to make one huge mug of tea of a good quality leaves, then throw them away. Noo! Not so!

Besides, I consider gaiwan very easy to clean. I have separate strainer as well, but it's not so handy. Most often I just brew tea, green of black, as long as it takes me to drink it. Of course it gets a bit bitter, but usually I don't mind. If I do, I have second gaiwan, a little bit more spacious, where I brew the tea, then pour it into the one I drink it from.

I guess I'll like a small clay pot even more, but haven't had a chance to buy one so far. Well, it's good to have something to wait. :)

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I had too many pots but I wanted a Brown Betty, so I compromised and bought one for a friend. They're really nice pots.
1 of the things I collected for some years was teapots. Tea drinking can get to be another TAD like pipes-analogy being pots to pipes and tea to tobacco. Capped my collecting at around 13 pots, split fairly evenly between western and eastern styles. About half are actually tea sets.

Reactions: rajangan

Kapnosis1988

Might Stick Around
Mar 5, 2021
Mandan, North Dakota, USA
Review:
Teapot works very well for filling my large thermos. It's durable, pours nicely, brews well, and cleans easier than a french press. The quality of the tea gotten from loose leaf brewing is probably worth the effort. However, for small quantities like a 16oz thermal bottle or two cups of tea, this pot falls short there because it cannot brew less than about 24 oz. Also the handle design is somewhat awkward. So I will either purchase a second pot from Frieling in a lesser volume (22oz or 14oz) or just get a 34 oz. steel French press which could brew any volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.