PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thank you all for your feedback on the leather pipe discussion. I very much appreciate it. I learned more about them thanks to you and I will get a few more! I noticed mine has visible stitching on it, do yours have the stitching like mine?

Attachments

• IMG_20210410_190438_766.jpg
    IMG_20210410_190438_766.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 28

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Exactly!! And I have smoked cigars for 25yrs and I can say for sure there isn't as much selection like there is with pipe tobacco. I've only been smoking pipes for 7yrs but I have yet to try sooooo many blends and pipes, it is more exciting and more flavorful. And that is why I also joined this group, so I can keep learning from all of you. Thank you so much for being so supportive, as a woman, I didn't have any help with pipes, I had to teach myself because I didn't know anyone who smoked pipes
Most of us didn't get too much help with pipes and a lot of the help at least I got was contradictory to the other advice I got. Honestly I've gotten more solid pipe advice in the last five years (and first started when I was 16 now almost 43 so 20 some years). Though some of us got lucky and had mentors. We're happy to help, it's probably one of the most fun parts of this forum is knowing you're helping anyone enjoy pipes more.
Also I've always found that weird how certain things are so segregated the idea that something like smoking a pipe is a guy or girl thing. I don't see how what gender someone is would really effect enjoying something like this. Honestly I think in the nearish future pipe smoking is going to involve a more diverse cast of characters.
The pipe is usually the classiest....the only classy part of my outfit. Well worn blue jeans, a t-shirt, and a sharp looking pipe, clenched in my teeth works for me. Never owned a leather pipe, Yours is looking good though , @Cigar Ash Queen
I have to admit I do find pipes look pretty classy in general. I am not going to claim what kind of effect they have on me. Though I've seen a few pictures and sometimes it does make me look more serious then I actually was feeling at the moment.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Well, after watching the guy in the video clean up that leather covered pipe, I figured what the hell...

Got two on the way to mess with. It’s all Queens fault... I’m easily influenced.

One of these days I’m gonna have to get serious about getting rid of some stuff. ?

View attachment 74843
View attachment 74845
Now all you will have to do is get the leather outfit to set off those two pipes :)

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
How about the latest comics from Smokingpipes? :)

A bird perch too... LOL rotf

View attachment 75248

@Cigar Ash Queen Do you know who the Estate is from?
I like that picture!
No I don't know about the estate, I know it came from the UK, it was a gift for my birthday. All I said was that I was interested in a leather wrapped pipe and this is what I got in the mail..

Reactions: PipeIT

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I can't think of one female member who posts, perhaps because of such ridiculous posts as having been made in this thread to them. She says she's wearing leather, and wallah a bdsm reference, She's also "easy on the eyes." The bdsm reference is simply gratuitous, and what business does anyone have commenting on her beauty in this thread, and very probably by someone who knows her not at all.

I'm embarrassed to be a man by this.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I can't think of one female member who posts, perhaps because of such ridiculous posts as having been made in this thread to them. She says she's wearing leather, and wallah a bdsm reference, She's also "easy on the eyes." The bdsm reference is simply gratuitous, and what business does anyone have commenting on her beauty in this thread, and very probably by someone who knows her not at all.

then please avoid the rest of the internet. Cause it's even more cringey when comments like that show up from total strangers in a post about a medical question/issue (I don't know why there is blood pouring out of your eyes, but they're such a lovely shade....)

niblicck

Can't Leave
Oct 7, 2020
Alabama
Here's the ones I have in my racks for now with more somewhere in storage or waiting to get cleaned up. I must like these enough to keep them around and not put them up for sale on e-bay. From left are 3 Longchamps, Savinelli's Derby, Big Ben and a Derby Pigskin. The white dyed Longchamps and Parkers are also very nice to the eye imo.
20210414_230943.jpg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I recall seeing those "leather" pipes when they first hit the market. I was intrigued, I'll admit. However, either I didn't have the money or I simply didn't have the interest for something that seemed, so.... dirty?

Of course, I do enjoy leather. When my weight is down, I wear my leather pants, boots, jacket, gloves, etc when riding my Indian (hasn't everyone had an opportunity to ride a good Indian?) I even enjoy my tan leather fringed jackets and fringed gloves - again, when riding my favorite Indian.

I have found that if your are going to throw your leg over a seat and position yourself for a comfortable long ride where there will be many bouncy bumps along the way, leather can make the ride much more enjoyable, especially if you are straddled over an Indian that has a lot of extra torque and thrust to throw your way. Keep in mind, Indians tend to run hot, very hot, and leather offers extra protection from unnecessary chaffing.

Right? We are talking about the same thing here, mind you...

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Here's the ones I have in my racks for now with more somewhere in storage or waiting to get cleaned up. I must like these enough to keep them around and not put them up for sale on e-bay. From left are 3 Longchamps, Savinelli's Derby, Big Ben and a Derby Pigskin. The white dyed Longchamps and Parkers are also very nice to the eye imo.
View attachment 75311
Wow those are all beautiful! I will get more like those ? thank you for sharing the picture!

Reactions: BROBS

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I tend to wear things that match my pipes but it's just my own personal touch. Last time I wore animal print shirt because I was smoking a cat meerschaum pipe. I hope this didn't cause issues for anyone. I just sort of ignore the bdsm reference and joke along. I didn't take offense to it.

Reactions: OzPiper

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I recall seeing those "leather" pipes when they first hit the market. I was intrigued, I'll admit. However, either I didn't have the money or I simply didn't have the interest for something that seemed, so.... dirty?

Of course, I do enjoy leather. When my weight is down, I wear my leather pants, boots, jacket, gloves, etc when riding my Indian (hasn't everyone had an opportunity to ride a good Indian?) I even enjoy my tan leather fringed jackets and fringed gloves - again, when riding my favorite Indian.

I have found that if your are going to throw your leg over a seat and position yourself for a comfortable long ride where there will be many bouncy bumps along the way, leather can make the ride much more enjoyable, especially if you are straddled over an Indian that has a lot of extra torque and thrust to throw your way. Keep in mind, Indians tend to run hot, very hot, and leather offers extra protection from unnecessary chaffing.

Right? We are talking about the same thing here, mind you...
But I never thought that leather pipes seemed dirty. I'm not sure why this would come to mind? Maybe I'm just not understanding ?

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
then please avoid the rest of the internet. Cause it's even more cringey when comments like that show up from total strangers in a post about a medical question/issue (I don't know why there is blood pouring out of your eyes, but they're such a lovely shade....)
I'm not understanding some of this. (??) I'm not sure

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@Cigar Ash Queen

@Birddog66 posted earlier today a Longchamp bent billiard covered with black leather;

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
@Cigar Ash Queen

@Birddog66 posted earlier today a Longchamp bent billiard covered with black leather;

Love it!! ???
Nah, I was just having fun with a genre, the main stream stereotype of the whole 70s leather bar scene. But seriously, if you saw my bike, View attachment 75389
Very nice!

Reactions: PipeIT