PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Hello,

I have been a cigar smoker for years, and am enjoying pipe smoking more and more. As with premium cigars, I don't understand the appeal of flavored tobacco, so my focus is on English blends. I am starting to realize that pipe tobacco has more flavor than even the best cigars. We will see where this leads!
Don't skip over Virginia's and VaPers. More nuance and subtlety, but excellent tobacco flavor there too.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome. It’s funny, good funny, reading your post. I never liked cigars until I learned pipes. After 3 years of smoking pipes, I recently started to enjoy cigars. Now I really enjoy both and appreciate their differences.

Regarding Aro’s I don’t have good enough technique to enjoy them. I thought I liked infused cigars, even expensive premium cigars, but after a few months quickly changed. Some very slightly nuanced flavors are okay, but really well blended Maduro and I’m in.

Enjoy exploring all sorts of pipe tobacco.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Welcome from Sydney, Oz.
I was a dedicated cigar smoker for over 15 years, then rediscovered my love of pipes a few years ago. It's been a slippery slope since, but really enjoying the ride. There is so much more diversity of flavour in pipe tobacco. I generally prefer Vapers, latakia and oriental blends, but enjoy the occasional bowl of aromatic. I also like trying out the various tobaccos in different shaped pipes.
This Forums is a great source of information on all things related to smoking. There is even a section dedicated to cigars. Just be mindful that everyone has their own opinions, and there is no absolute right or wrong in this enjoyable past-time of ours.

Reactions: jwussow

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like a cigar now and then, but like the pipe better. Cost is not the deciding factor, but it often occurs to me that for the price of one premium cigar you can buy a tin of premium pipe tobacco and get twenty smokes. For me, more pleasure for less cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.