PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So you had no response to the meat of the post, only to the part about yourself. Nice!

I will leave this part of the discussion as to not further derail the original discussion which has generally been good.

If you're still obsessed with what I think of you, take it to pm.
There is no meat to your post. But there is the very evident and pervasive sense of self righteous grievous butt hurt so consuming you that you would prefer to derail a thread to serve yourself. You have a problem with me? PM me and we'll hash it out.

• Haha
Reactions: rmpeeps and warren

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Everyone should learn how to clean their pipe with britled pipe cleaners and fluffy cleaners. BJ Long are the best. The fluffy tapered are the ones that come 100 to a pack and the Tapered Bristle BJ's come 80 to a pack. I only use the fluffies on the stems and the bristle for inside shank and mortise. For deep cleans there are brushes like pictured above that can be useful. I also use Everclear so clean the stems and all the internals. Never get it on your finish. I am old school, I don't do the water thing as where I live is not conducive to washing my pipes. My stems would contract and won't fit properly. If you have a humidity level above 50 I would never get them wet.

Jesse has no issues as he lives in the freaking desert. Plus he didn't mention the servant he has who uses a blow dryer on the pipes as well.

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
I've been negligent and have too much cake build up in many of my bowls. I've read people use some fine sand paper sometimes wrapped around a dowel, to remove excess cake from the bowls, but with most of them the bowl is too small to really get a finger in there, or to get enough leverage on a dowel. I really don't know what to do. It really does have me sort of worried that I've ruined them. I have a couple of those cheap reamers, but those things break easily! Help! I'm actually thinking of sending some to someone for a pro-cleaning! Do people do that? About how much does that cost per pipe?