PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Looking for a good VaPer with the least amount of Perique, either by quantity or perceived so. My nose on the retrohale doesn’t care much for Perique.

Reactions: Kingsley

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
I had some Telegraph Hill by G.L. Pease today, and the Perique-ness seemed very minimal, a friend of mine who was also smoking with me didn’t know what we were smoking, so he tried to guess what it was composed of, and was very surprised when I told him that there was. It’s not my favorite, as it burns pretty quick, but, it’s certainly decent.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I had some Telegraph Hill by G.L. Pease today, and the Perique-ness seemed very minimal, a friend of mine who was also smoking with me didn’t know what we were smoking, so he tried to guess what it was composed of, and was very surprised when I told him that there was. It’s not my favorite, as it burns pretty quick, but, it’s certainly decent.
+1

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Another vote for OGS... in fact, I think of it more as a lightly topped citrusy VA than a VaPer. Not that long ago the label had most folks thinking it was a VaBur, and many argued it had no perique at all.
Gawith & Hoggarth Louisiana Flake, despite the name, is pretty mellow on the Perique. The coco topping makes it taste more like Raisinets than anything spicy.
GLP Stonehenge is nearly the same, but it seems like I notice the perique earthyness a little more in it.. might just be the age (or lack thereof) on my stashes.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Stratford has even less. TH is the more middleground and Fillmore being the heaviest of GLP Va/Per

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
By weight? Telegraph Hill and Elizabethan Mixture was very mild to me. Had some serious issues with Davidoff Flake Medallion and perique some time ago, but got used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.