PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernst

Lurker
Nov 13, 2011
Düsseldorf Germany
Welcome from Florida. I am a flake and plug junkie, it is all I smoke. Here is a list of some of my favorites.

Fribourg and Treyer Cut Virginia Plug, Special Brown Flake, Vintage Flake
Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake, Brown Virginia Flake, Gold Virginia Flake, Gold Slice and Gold Brick.
Solani 660 Silver Flake, 633 is a Virginia/Perique
Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky
Capstan Blue Flake
Escudo
Peterson Navy Rolls, used to be Dunhill
Peterson Flake used to be Dunhill Flake
John Aylesbury Luxury Flake, now being called Classic Flake
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired
Esoterica Stonehaven
Peter Heinrich Curly Block
Dan Tobacco Salty Dogs
excellent taste cigrmaster- Peterson Flake is one of my favorites as well and the PH curly block is a secret to most German pipe smokers. I love the shop of Peter Heinrichs in Niederaussem which is not far from here. It is a pipe smoker's heaven.

Reactions: danimalia

ernst

Lurker
Nov 13, 2011
Düsseldorf Germany
I'm still exploring so all of it!
some examples: Presbyterian Mixturebei danpipe.de kaufen - https://www.danpipe.de/de/Pfeifentabak/9006-23_Presbyterian-Mixture-100g-D
the last one is an aromatic

LEP7cv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2020
Portugal
Dear pipe fellows,

I am Ernst. 64 years old and smoke pipes with some interruptions since 45 years. I have a collection of ca.100 mainly European pipes and love Virginia Flakes. Here and there also a nice Latakia or an aromatic.
In Germany we have around 750 different pipe tobaccos. Some of them made by small manufacturers like HU tobacco
or Dan Pipe.
The gras is always greener on the other side and therefore I started to order and cellar US pipe tobacco recently from C&D and Seattle Pipe Club. I am still looking back to the good old days before COVID, when I could buy Penzance in the shop of Iwan Riess in Chicago on business trips.
I am looking forward to some interesting exchange here.

All the best
Ernst
Hello from Portugal!
you're already a legend! puffy puffy puffy puffy

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England

Suilven

Lurker
Mar 11, 2021
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Dear pipe fellows,

I am Ernst. 64 years old and smoke pipes with some interruptions since 45 years. I have a collection of ca.100 mainly European pipes and love Virginia Flakes. Here and there also a nice Latakia or an aromatic.
In Germany we have around 750 different pipe tobaccos. Some of them made by small manufacturers like HU tobacco
or Dan Pipe.
The gras is always greener on the other side and therefore I started to order and cellar US pipe tobacco recently from C&D and Seattle Pipe Club. I am still looking back to the good old days before COVID, when I could buy Penzance in the shop of Iwan Riess in Chicago on business trips.
I am looking forward to some interesting exchange here.

All the best
Ernst
Welcome Ernst from Vancouver Island, BC. I'm a fairly new pipe smoker and am not familiar with Virginia flakes but if you ever decide to try a Burley flake, I can recommend Solani Aged Burley Flake. Enjoy the forums. Cheers.

Reactions: danimalia and ernst

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Welcome from the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee. Your city is near and dear to my heart as home to two of my favorite beers, Uerige and Fuchschen.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Welcome from the San Francisco, USA area! That is cool that you used to visit Chicago. Despite being nearly 40 years old and living in America my entire life, I still have not been to Chicago. I hope to go soon once travel is more open and available. I'd love to go to Germany as well. I have visited a few other places in Europe but not Germany.

The gras is always greener on the other side
I try to be aware of how good we have it here In the US compared to other places with much more restrictive laws and higher duties and taxes. But I do wish we had easier access to those HU tobaccos, and some of the other selections that are available in Europe, but not in the US. Oh well! I guess there is no one perfect place for the pipe and cigar lovers to live.

Reactions: anotherbob

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Welcome from sunny Tucson, AZ in the USA! My younger brother spent a year in his teens going to Gymnasium in Wesel, just north of you. I visited him for a week during that year, and I love that area!

Status
Not open for further replies.