What Irish Whiskey do You Like or Recommend I Try?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Do the folks in Ireland at pubs prefer and drink this beer warm or is that a joke?
I think it is warm by US standards but not room temp. Re: Guinness from and article in WSJ “The Irish stout Guinness, Ms. Roarty says, should be served at precisely 42.8 degrees, according to the company’s quality-control teams, but no warmer than 50 degrees. At a higher temperature, “the creamy tan head will turn yellow and flatten,” she says.” Uk temps seem to be about the same. Hers the link to the article on beer temp

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I think it is warm by US standards but not room temp. Re: Guinness from and article in WSJ “The Irish stout Guinness, Ms. Roarty says, should be served at precisely 42.8 degrees, according to the company’s quality-control teams, but no warmer than 50 degrees. At a higher temperature, “the creamy tan head will turn yellow and flatten,” she says.” Uk temps seem to be about the same. Hers the link to the article on beer temp
Sadly, people in pubs frequently drink Budweiser as much as they drink guiness. A pour of guiness, however, in a nice pub in the old country is a thing of beauty and an experience to savor.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I liked Guiness on draft at Irish pubs best. Bottled in the U.S. is tasty, but a disappointment by comparison. The etiquette in an Irish pub is to wait patiently while they draw it correctly, leaving a substantial head but still filling the glass. It's poor form to complain. Patience is a virtue. And the wait was worth it to me. Most pubs had some snacks to nibble, or a meal for a reasonable price.