PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
I didn't like haunted bookshop when I tried it, but I do need to revisit it. Briar Fox is a delicious blend to me. I had opened a tin with some age and I was enamored with it. It's very basic but the way it is pressed gives a delicious tang interplay between the Virginia's and Burley. Definitely a traditional pipe smokers blend that appeals more to Virginia smokers in my mind than it does Burley smokers.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I have a tin sitting around along with some Haunted Book Shop but I don’t know which to open next since I’m plowing through BF #2 at the moment. I need some opinions from the clan ?
How old is the tin? There was a run of bad briar fox a few years ago.

Either way, I'd open the briar fox next. It's my favorite "real" tobacco. @cosmicfolklore

Hahaha

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I enjoy Pegasus quite a bit. Haunted Bookshop is similar with a nice dose of Perique, which I'm not always in the mood for. Pegasus also has some cavendish, more of a background player.

I'll try the Briar Fox some time over the next month, whenever the urge to jar tobacco overcomes my sloth and inertia...

?

1614550378920.jpeg

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I enjoy Briar Fox quite a bit, I break in all my pipes, be they new or estate with Briar Fox. It is simple enough to give me a good indication of how well a pipe is going to smoke for me while still being an enjoyable smoke. I didn’t care for Haunted Bookshop at all and my wife HATED the room note of it, I smoke in the house and she has only vetoed maybe 3 or 4 blends in over 20 years together, so that is saying something about how it must smell to non-smokers in the room!

Architeuthis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2021
If you like a noticeable dose of nic and enjoy the slightly bitter flavor profile of burley go with Haunted Bookshop. If you'd rather have something a bit softer and milder with more virginia in the flavor profile go with Briar Fox. I like both. How about opening both and smoking a few bowls of each to see which you like better?

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I have a tin sitting around along with some Haunted Book Shop but I don’t know which to open next since I’m plowing through BF #2 at the moment. I need some opinions from the clan ?
I did not care for Haunted Bookshop, but Briar Fox surprised me in how much I enjoyed it. I find a lot of C&D subdued, for lack of a better word, but Briar Fox was vibrant with good Virginia. C&D does not typically produce landmark Virginias IMO. I would buy BF again.

Status
Not open for further replies.