PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
So I’ve been out of pipe smoking for almost exactly the last year. I’m primarily a cigar smoker but go through spurts (pretty much every winter) of picking up the pipe much more frequently. The IPSD sale emails got me this year and I set down the cigar cutter and picked up the tamper.

what did I miss over the last year? What new blends are worth picking up? SmokingPipes will be taking some of my money soon and would appreciate some input.

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Warped The Red Hunt. Doesn't get talked about alot but its an outstanding blend if you can actually get it in stock.
Warped King's Stride
I wanted to do the cliché "Shhh", but I'm just happy others have noticed. These are the best C&D blends and by far the most underrated IMO. King Stride is truly unique, and as a Va/Per/Or fan, the red hunt was made for me.

I think both will be incredible as age works its magic.

Other 2020 favorites: Cringle Flake, KBV Festivus GT, KBV Patience of Doctor Silence, KBV Spaghetti Western 2020, Sun Bear.

The only tin of spark plug I opened got dried out and delaminated (faulty tin?) so I rehydrated it and jarred it up to see if it can't change my mind more favorably in the future.

I never cracked the C&D tin of "Vixen" they gave me with a Peterson I bought.

Haven't got yet into my tin o' Sansepolcro, I got a 2019 tin from my Secret Santa that I aim to open in a month or so as the weather continues to warm.

I'm excited to see what comes in '21 but my cellar has very very little space for anything other than maybe a couple small unicorns. Any buying would probably lead to more selling down the road.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Happy to have scored 5 tins of Burley London Blend.

I can relax my grip on the 2010 white-tin that I’ll crack when NASA reports an asteroid approaching, now that I have a pound— I should’ve ordered 10.

I’d forgotten what a treat it is for us Burley folks.

My cellar is deep. Not wide. I enjoy only a few fav blends but they’re all good friends. Missed you, BLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.