PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I agree with all of the above recommendations, especially Embarcadero and Sunday Picnic. I'd also add GL Pease's Cairo to the list.

Also, these are all annual (or biannual) special releases, and none are available right now, but Ken Byron Ventures does a great job with non-Latakia Oriental-centered blends, and Watch City's simply Voriental (so far, only released once this past November) is another really good blend.

I've also heard that Peretti makes some good VaOrs, but having not tried anything from Peretti yet, I can't make any specific recommendations.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Embarcadero is fantastic. Add me to the list of endorsers. Temple Bar is also good, though it has taken me some time to warm up to it. it also has some perique, but I am not sure if that's a deal breaker for you or not. The VA-OR seems like kind of a neglected variation to the Virginia based tobaccos that are currently available. I believe McClelland made quite a few of them, though, so perhaps there is a hole in the market ready to be filled.

I'd be curious to know what you think of the Janus. I was tempted to get a tin of that one or Juno, but ended up getting Jupiter instead.

meoget

Lurker
Jan 25, 2021
Embarcadero is fantastic. Add me to the list of endorsers. Temple Bar is also good, though it has taken me some time to warm up to it. it also has some perique, but I am not sure if that's a deal breaker for you or not. The VA-OR seems like kind of a neglected variation to the Virginia based tobaccos that are currently available. I believe McClelland made quite a few of them, though, so perhaps there is a hole in the market ready to be filled.

I'd be curious to know what you think of the Janus. I was tempted to get a tin of that one or Juno, but ended up getting Jupiter instead.
Some of my favorites are Embarcadero or Waccamaw. I was wondering if I should try out Janus with the Savinelli sale, but have yet to bite the bullet.
So, I had a couple bowls of Embarcadero and Janus.
I really like both and can't say which I like better. These are really great tobaccos, and I am happy for the recommendations. They are both going to be among my favorites now, and I will be buying more to stock up.

I would definitely recommend grabbing a tin or two of Janus if you haven't tried it.

Now, I have to try some of the other recommendations. Thanks, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.