Does Savinelli Offer The Most Extensive Selection?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
After more than a decade of browsing online pipe and tobacco retailers, it seems to me that no other pipe manufacturer offers a greater variety of pipes than Savinelli. Acknowledging that other brands like Peterson, Ropp, Chacom, and others also have many shapes, styles, and finishes, it seems that Savinelli pages with major online retailers like SP just go on and on. Are there any other brands that equal or exceed Savinelli?

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
After more than a decade of browsing online pipe and tobacco retailers, it seems to me that no other pipe manufacturer offers a greater variety of pipes than Savinelli. Acknowledging that other brands like Peterson, Ropp, Chacom, and others also have many shapes, styles, and finishes, it seems that Savinelli pages with major online retailers like SP just go on and on. Are there any other brands that equal or exceed Savinelli?
I agree, and I would also add quality to that observation; the manager of the factory must simply be a good person to work for if you are getting designs like they have, at the quality they are, and at the price they can sell them at...must be a relatively happy workforce for all those things to come together.

Kottan

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
I have the same (subjective) impression of Savinelli even if you exclude their seconds and hand made pipes. The shapelist of their classic models that you can download is very long. In addition, they offer their classics in various finishes and qualities. Or with a stinger. Or...

I've known the brand since the early 70's and have always been satisfied when I've bought one.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have the same (subjective) impression of Savinelli even if you exclude their seconds and hand made pipes. The shapelist of their classic models that you can download is very long. In addition, they offer their classics in various finishes and qualities. Or with a stinger. Or...

I've known the brand since the early 70's and have always been satisfied when I've bought one.
There standard shapes even have variants. The 310 has the 311, the 320 has the 321, the 904 has the 914, 9004, 9005 etc.