PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaca

Lurker
Dec 29, 2020
PA
Just wanted to introduce myself to other members of this forum. I joined a month or so ago and have really enjoyed reading through quite a few of the threads here.

I started smoking pipes quite some time ago. I got my first pipe while I was working in NYC in the late 1980's. I started with a bunch of the old Dunhill tins - My Mixture 965, London Mixture, Nightcap, Royal Yacht come to mind. I also smoked quite a bit of the house blended bulk they had at the Barclay Rex and the Nat Sherman stores in the city.

Then I discovered cigars and converted over to them for most of the last 30 years, and now with Covid and working from home, I've been able to get back into pipes and am really enjoying it - from trying different tobaccos, to the ritual, etc. It's certainly a lot more involved than just lighting a cigar, but it's eminently enjoyable.

I've been experimenting with a pretty wide variety of tobaccos and really liking it, I may be smoking a bit too much (10+ bowls per day), but it will likely slow down after I find a groove. There are so many to try and not enough hours in the day.

fjc623

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2014
New York
Welcome From New York , seems this covid stay home has us looking for ways to relax and nothing better than a good tobacco and Briar. I can see this hobby of ours growing by the day.

Reactions: gamzultovah
Status
Not open for further replies.