PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampdragon69

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2019
You guys are hysterical. OP, what types of tobacco do you usually smoke. I’m curious.
I smoke almost everything. Stay away from goopy messed up blends. Can not stand several days of drying time. The dryer sheet smells are from what I think are “Lakeland” brand tobaccos. I do not like those blends but it is a large hobby. Maybe I can get rid of that tin of Moon trance that I bought a couple of years ago. I agree that when I posted this I did not forecast or predict that it would be about the evils of marriage. That was a curveball.

Swampdragon69

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2019
I smoke almost everything. Stay away from goopy messed up blends. Can not stand several days of drying time. The dryer sheet smells are from what I think are “Lakeland” brand tobaccos. I do not like those blends but it is a large hobby. Maybe I can get rid of that tin of Moon trance that I bought a couple of years ago. I agree that when I posted this I did not forecast or predict that it would be about the evils of marriage. That was a curveball.
On Saturday I asked a question about Velvet pouches and it got twisted into a post about sex toys. I laughed so hard I was crying. I love ? this past time and all the wacky people that make it up.

Reactions: BROBS
OP'er, if you are looking to meet up with other pipesmokers in your area, maybe bang a drum to pull together a pipe club. Meet up somewhere smoker friendly, if possible, or just meet in a park or something. I can't say that I've ever found drier sheets to smell like pipe tobacco, but maybe I just haven't smoked those fresh linen blends, ha ha.
I think a few clubs have formed from people just posting on here for their areas, but if you can find a pipe shop or even a RYO shop to help you, sometimes a partnership with a business really help. Plus, if you get something like an RYO shop to help, it may convert a few cig rollers into pipesmokers... just an idea. Heck, maybe even a glass pipe shop would be willing to sponsor your club. They could start carrying some pipe tobaccos. Those types of places seem to diversify to expand their base. Some will sell vapes, glass pipes, RYO, and cigars. Maybe worth a try.

And, stop chasing those fresh linen smokers. puffy JK

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I agree there are some dryer sheets that in the right conditions smell like pipe tobacco. It's like that right at the point where you just start picking up the smell. Somewhere around about a block away under the right conditions. That said I do smell legit pipe tobacco sometimes in my neighborhood. I keep looking for the other pipe smoker and have found dottle where I haven't dropped any.

Swampdragon69

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2019
OP'er, if you are looking to meet up with other pipesmokers in your area, maybe bang a drum to pull together a pipe club. Meet up somewhere smoker friendly, if possible, or just meet in a park or something. I can't say that I've ever found drier sheets to smell like pipe tobacco, but maybe I just haven't smoked those fresh linen blends, ha ha.
I think a few clubs have formed from people just posting on here for their areas, but if you can find a pipe shop or even a RYO shop to help you, sometimes a partnership with a business really help. Plus, if you get something like an RYO shop to help, it may convert a few cig rollers into pipesmokers... just an idea. Heck, maybe even a glass pipe shop would be willing to sponsor your club. They could start carrying some pipe tobaccos. Those types of places seem to diversify to expand their base. Some will sell vapes, glass pipes, RYO, and cigars. Maybe worth a try.

And, stop chasing those fresh linen smokers. puffy JK
I have an over abundance of head shops in my town. It is a college town. If I smoked Ganga I would be set for life. If I did find a club it would just to socialize and with this mess it will have to wait. I do not like to leave the house to go food shopping.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
I'm in the "happy wife, happy life" camp myself, but it works out nicely because my wife feels the same way about keeping me happy. She's encouraging and never dismissive of whatever crazy thing I get into, so our lifestyle together is pretty chill and free of drama. Been together since 1996, married since 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.