PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
Since I've been using these forums recently to get back up to speed on pipes and tobaccos, I decided I should join. First of all, thank you to all those who've posted valuable information!

I am now 65 and I've been a pipe smoker off and on for about 40 years, I started out with Captain Black and some of my father-in-law's Revelation. Some years I've been more of a cigar smoker than a pipe smoker. I now smoke mostly GL Pease and Dunhill tobacco with some C&D and even some Edgeworth (20 years old) from time to time. I have a lot of tobacco cellared and really don't need to buy any more if I just want it to last me the next 20 years.

I have 20 pipes: One Dunhill, 3 Savinelli Autographs, four Peterson (two older system pipes), some other Savinelli's (mostly Capri Root Briars, and a couple of Brebbia's. Most were bought as estate pipes and I haven't really spent much on any pipe.

Again, thanks for the help you have all given me already!

Ron

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Ro - Welcome to PM! What side of Philly are you? I'm in West Chester but go to the monthly meetings of the Lehigh Valley Pipe Club in Bethlehem. I'm a long time member of Morley's PC in Center City, which hasn't been meeting since the COVID began. Too bad, because Morley's has been at it since the 90s or before. In fact, in 2002 Morley's hosted the first sanctioned Slow Smoke event in this hemisphere.

hp
les

Reactions: jpmcwjr

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Welcome @RonB
What in the neighborhood are you near? - Sherm Natman

Welcome from MD! I have family up in Newtown Square. I think there is / used to be a Tinder Box there.
@Infantry23 - The Tinder Box in Haverford - right near the train station - which I live very close to. They are stocked heavy with their TB house blends - being mostly rebranded Lane Limited best-sellers - a varying section of the better tins, based mostly on what's hottest at the time; an interesting selection of pipes on the board; very well stocked with the smaller critical accessories; and wonderfully comfortable leather club chairs to smoke from. If you are in town to visit the family in the future, give me the word, and perhaps - CV19 depending - we could meet there for a few bowls. - Sherm Natman

Status
Not open for further replies.