PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
It was a bit of a juggling act, balancing tastes with location. I read everyone's preferences, then matched preferences where possible. I figured that folks might want to pull something special from their cellar. If tastes aligned with someone in-state or a fairly close state, I made that match. It didn't work out for everyone, and some of you will be shipping cross-country. If there were only two people in an unnamed country north of mine that has idiotic postal regulations, then, well....you know what happened.

BTW, has anyone else spotted "Tobacco Man" in my sig photo?
Ignorant question: is each giftee the Secret Santa for the giftee's Secret Santa? So that folks are paired off rather than in a daisy chain?

Reactions: woodsroad

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
The priority for matches was the sender and recipient’s preferences. I wanted to match similar tastes. After that came proximity. But with such a long daisy chain, most matches were done by preferences.
Thanks again Dan. I would hate to think that if you decided not to do this it might end.

Reactions: SpookedPiper
Jun 23, 2019
En route to my victim I mean... He Who Has Been A Good Boy All Year!
(And a funny newspaper headline from this morning)

2jwCaXSl.jpg

EDIT: Shout out Dan for putting all this together!

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
I look forward to the full show and tell after santa’s deiveries are made, with perhaps a Festivus airing of grievances for those who received the Captain Black Grape and similar delights. (I am actually curious about Captain Black Grape fwiw). My package was sent today.

Status
Not open for further replies.