PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
...I still have renaissance wax. Got it over a decade ago. Tin lasts forever. And I do like it. Dunno about the others...I'm sure they are good too.

Reactions: seanv and bullet08

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I don't use any kind of cloth. Doesn't get the shine bright enough. I spread a TINY amount of the wax on my fingertips and spread it over the pipe. Next I wipe any remaining wax on my palms. Then I wait until the wax sets up and hand rub it with my hands, rubbing the wax against itself until the surface comes up to a glass like sheen. Works every time.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
I use Paragon wax when I first get a pipe (actually after the first couple of bowls). I apply it with my finger, let it dry, then buff it with a microfiber cloth (I use one that came with a pair of eyeglasses). After you do a few pipes the wax soaks into the cloth. So after every smoke I use that cloth to do a quick hand buff of the whole pipe but particularly on the stem.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and seanv

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Paragon spit is pretty good too; take a big wad of wax, put it in your mouth and chew on it for thirty minutes while drinking 4.2 ozs of Knob Creek and a Budweiser. After you've done that, set the wax aside, drink two more Budweisers, fill your bowl with your favorite tobacco, and don't worry about keeping a shine on your pipes because its always temporary and not really worth the effort. That's just how I do it, everyone does it differently of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.