GLP Samarra and Cumberland 20th Anni Blends Go On Sale At SP Tomorrow.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
If you miss out or don’t want to be bothered with the special release, the standard Samarra is an example of an Oriental blend done to perfection. It has the advantage of being easily available as well.

Smoke it slowly and take a trip to distant, exotic lands. The retrohale is incredible.

Just my opinion.
I knew I had a tin of this buried. I pulled it out and popped it. Very good blend - will have to add this to the list of 8 oz cans I need to be stocking up on.

Reactions: anotherbob

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
Hmmm... These sound quite good, but I have slaughtered my budget the last couple of months and am stalling. I won't be too sad if they go OOS before I pull the trigger.

The sign of a serious TAD (or tobacco hoarding/FOMO?) affliction...

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
I do not need more tobacco, but Samarra was one of the first tobacco's that provided one of those transcendental smokes for me, so I ordered 4.

It's a high-end problem to have, but years of TAD have resulted in a cellar of far too many tins. I have sold some through Steve @ Pipestud (excellent transactions) but it's a kinda sterile procedure. More fun to sell and trade face-to-face with fellow hobbyists. Used to go to Chicago...no more. Looking forward to the pandemic being over so I can try to put together a local Eastern MA tin-swap....

I'm not likely to crack these Samarra tins for some time but will look forward to hearing reviews.

Spinkle

Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I really enjoyed the one tin of Cumberland I've had so I ordered six, one to taste and five to age. I didn't order Samarra; due to the Latakia I wouldn't be likely to bother under any circumstances.

I really have to stop falling for this as I'm still waiting on my last order which has now been sitting at customs for eight days.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I do not need more tobacco, but Samarra was one of the first tobacco's that provided one of those transcendental smokes for me, so I ordered 4.

It's a high-end problem to have, but years of TAD have resulted in a cellar of far too many tins. I have sold some through Steve @ Pipestud (excellent transactions) but it's a kinda sterile procedure. More fun to sell and trade face-to-face with fellow hobbyists. Used to go to Chicago...no more. Looking forward to the pandemic being over so I can try to put together a local Eastern MA tin-swap....

I'm not likely to crack these Samarra tins for some time but will look forward to hearing reviews.
I'm in the same boat. Last count I had 110 different blends. Unless something really gets my attention, I'm steering clear of the limited tin bonanza.

Reactions: anotherbob

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
Does anyone know whether there are going to be any other 20th Anniversary GLP blends coming out?

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA

haven't we all been there

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
Alright...I gave in and grabbed 5x tins of each.

GLP has been the focus of my cellaring efforts this year, so I couldn't not grab any.

Status
Not open for further replies.