PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
...of buying pipes...for now.

I am at a point where I have the pipes I want, from the brands I want, and I no longer need to seek out more. In fact, I am actively selling some of my pipes. Having sold a few, there are now about 10 higher end pipes in my collection plus a few others, and I am content.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

I am at a point where I have the pipes I want, from the brands I want, and I no longer need to seek out more. In fact, I am actively selling some of my pipes. Having sold a few, there are now about 10 higher end pipes in my collection plus a few others, and I am content.
that's awesome. I am almost in the same place. I sometimes see pipes that almost convince me otherwise. I don't think a new pipe would give me the same joy each and every pipes I own has. Might get another cob one of the fancy mm cobs but that's it unless a dream miracle pipe shows up in my price range.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Me too. The last pipe I actually bought was well over a year ago. Ive been gifted three pipes since which I love but PAD was never really strong with me. TAD on the other hand was very strong but I’m pretty much done with that as well. The new stuff no longer excites me, I’m just sticking with what I’ve got. I’m sure something will catch my eye from time to time but I’ve gotta say, it feels pretty damn good to no longer have TAD/PAD.

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com

I try to fool myself that I am in a similar position. I have 20 pipes that all smoke very well down from a high of about 50. Time will tell how bad a liar we are. ;-)

brut666

Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"

Wonder how long that will last ?. It's a definite disease this hobby of ours ?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I’m more or less with you.

My cellar is good and the pipe racks are full. If something appeals to me in either department I’m not opposed to adding something here or there, and I’m still open to buying a tin or two of something I’ve not tried yet, but the PAD/TAD of yore seems to have gone away mostly.

Excepting some damn Lakelands if they ever appear again. Those I might buy a couple pounds of since I’ve decimated my supplies. Not holding my breath and certainly not going on a mission to find them but someday I might splurge on some favorite blends if the chance arises.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Y

You sir are either delusional or a liar. Now, I’m not calling you a liar or delusional, but I am highly speculative of your mental acuity and salubriousness.

I can only speak for myself. I’m a pipe whore. Full on Red District in need of weekly medical evaluation.

I would like to know where you are at in the 12 Step Pipaholics Anonymous program.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I get it. I chased my "Holy Grail" list of 20 pipe shapes for nearly 10 years, and found every one, some in multiple finishes. My collection grew to over 100 and I couldn't smoke any of them with regularity and realized two years ago, I keep reaching for the same 25 or so. I whittled it down to 60, there were 40 or so I just couldn't part with. Now, its pretty rare to buy a pipe. I still enjoy restoring and reselling mostly British briar, but few make the cut to my collection. This year, I added two, the Peterson POY for 2020 and another Sasieni Ashford,to replace one that I sold. Yet, I still faithfully check all of my saved Ebay searches every day, first thing in the morning to see what was listed. It's an addiction...

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Contentment is key. I was going to make some snarky comment about how it never ends but if you're content you should be good for some time to come.

My problem is I'm hooked on collecting and my collection sometimes takes a turn and then down the rabbit hole I go.

americaman

May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I would like to know where you are at in the 12 Step Pipaholics Anonymous program.

Haha. I'm at the step where my firstborn is due next week and it shocked me out of PAD for the time being.

I’m still working on my seven day set. I have 4 that I like a lot. One that is so so. Need 3 more to be content.

I actually recently got a Bill Taylor era Ashton and it is absolutely incredible. So that really satisfied me.

Did you find that birthyear dunhill @americaman?!

No, I haven't. At this point I think I've seen three 1990 Dunhills. One of them was a Christmas pipe which was way overpriced, and the other two were weird shapes from what I remember. At the moment I have little to no desire to seek one out.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Haha. I'm at the step where my firstborn is due next week and it shocked me out of PAD for the time being.

I actually recently got a Bill Taylor era Ashton and it is absolutely incredible. So that really satisfied me.

No, I haven't. At this point I think I've seen three 1990 Dunhills. One of them was a Christmas pipe which was way overpriced, and the other two were weird shapes from what I remember. At the moment I have little to no desire to seek one out.
Good morning. I believe I have a 1990 Group 2 Saddle Billiard in my collection that I never smoke. Let me be sure and I’ll get back with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.