PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
So, like they need a Safe-Space? Maybe they can fix you guys up with a special sub-forum, with softly padded walls, so no one gets hurt or anything. puffy

Jus' kiddin' Yeh, I don't post my guns on here, because I bought cheap. Nothing to brag about, but never has problems and I keep in practice, when I can afford ammo. My wife's gun is more photogenic, but it's purple, ha ha.
I recommend no safe space. Save spaces have historically become seed beds of revolution. We don't want the aros conspiring in secrecy.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
So, like they need a Safe-Space? Maybe they can fix you guys up with a special sub-forum, with softly padded walls, so no one gets hurt or anything. puffy

Jus' kiddin' Yeh, I don't post my guns on here, because I bought cheap. Nothing to brag about, but never has problems and I keep in practice, when I can afford ammo. My wife's gun is more photogenic, but it's purple, ha ha.
Nothing to be ashamed of, that was my point?

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Some of the Gawith aromatics are very high quality, I think it's because they use their normal tobacco and just add flavourings rather than using a lesser leaf.
Their flavoured twists are some of my favourites but I don't think you'd class them as an aromatic.

You took words out of my mouth!

Exactly this. By comparison, even in MacB's stable for example, you can have things like Seven Seas which are basically 80% Cavendish, and are flavoured hot air, or you can move a step up to the Classic (vanilla), which does have actual tobacco under the flavouring.

Gawith, on the other hand don't skimp on the tobacco, they just slap additives on top. I don't have great experience, but among the reasons I REALLY like 1792 Flake, Conniston Cut Plug, Bob's and Ennerdale is exactly because they have heavy hitting tobacco backing up the flowers :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Grass fed is good if the cattle are not later consigned to a feed lot and fed grain. Cattle fed on grass entirely do not develop the same level of bacterial contamination in the gut, so I'm told.

Reactions: BROBS

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Grass fed is good if the cattle are not later consigned to a feed lot and fed grain. Cattle fed on grass entirely do not develop the same level of bacterial contamination in the gut, so I'm told.
Grass fed doesn't mean no feedlots, it just means that the food they are fed in the feedlot is grass based, such as silage.

"Pasture-raised" is also misleading, as it only means that the cattle have access to the outdoors for 120 days of the year. The outdoors may be a small parking lot.

I'm really confused, did Per Jensen also threaten the US grain fed cattle markets? The nerve... First he threatens our poor little sensitive aromatic smokers, now the very corner stone of US existence.

So, you guys in Europe aren't allowed to buy grass fed beef in grocery stores? Is this a MacBaren thing?
I suppose next you're going to tell me that Chateau La Mission Haut-Brion at the gas stations.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
A couple of years back, I was smoking a bowl of EGR. Some young 30-something scolded me, and said I when I become an experienced smoker, I'll learn that English blends are what I should smoke, and I'll dump the aros. In response, I sent him a link to my user page at TR. ? After he saw the reviews, he felt like his usual self: a moron.
EGR?

Reactions: JimInks
Every time I hear this story it is evolving

1. Last time you said you ran away

2. I am sure next time you will say that you beat him up till he agreed to smoke Latakia

Now, I think chasingembers has made a great point about aromatics being better for experienced pipe smokers, because you have to develop your skills in tasting before you can fully appreciate them. I know I give him some joking and jiving, but he makes a really good point, and it's what I would suggest now because of it. I would suggest starting off with something easy to taste, like a nice English blend, develop a taste for the nuances of pure tobacco, and then decide whether you would branch out to aromatics or Virginias.

As for a whisky drinker giving someone shit for their choices, piss on them. Just as with your choices in pipe tobaccos, smoke or drink what you like, and enjoy it. Screw anyone who puts you down. I mean, you won't see a latakia guy feeling bad for people making fun of his burning tire smelling tobacco. Nope, he'd just flip 'em off and keep smoking. Stand up for yourself. Joke 'em back. It's all in good fun. I made a post a few years ago about being in the smoking lounge at The Briary, holdin' court with the guys, back slapping and such... and, we hear someone walk in where we can't see them, but we hear, "Give me four ounces of that Blackberry." We all cracked up, "blackberry?! Haw haw haw..." Then into the lounge walks this 7 foot tall behemoth neandrethal, with arms dragging the ground, bandages on his face, like he'd just gotten out of jail for killing a school bus with his face, and had blood smears all over his arms and hands, packing his blackberry pie smelling tobacco. He looked like he ate puppies for snacks. But, here he was, smoking his fruit loops... ha ha. Of course, I gave him shit still, but a more kind and gentle brand of shit, ha ha.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. And, come up with some good zingers to put down the rest of us when the guffawing begins. We only make fun, because we like you. If we didn't, we probably wouldn't say anything to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.