PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Big Ben/Gubbels pipes range from good to really good, and so are the Curvy pipes that Gubbels manufactures for Al Pascia. Briarworks is a step up from Gubbels in a number of ways, and some of Moonshine's pipes are very nice smokers, especially the Cannonballs. Almost all of my Bones pipes are decent as well, and since they're Molina factory rejects, this is more a testimonial to the quality of Molina pipes rather than an endorsement of Bones. I have some Chacom reverse calabashes that are quite nice as well, with the proviso that I wish the stems didn't socket directly into wood. My best pipes are the pair of restored Kirsten Ds that I snagged last month, in the sense that they're perfect for me personally.

I've been lucky with my purchases and haven't picked up a terrible turkey yet, but this good luck with pipes is balanced out by my mediocre luck with cigars.

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
While not at all inexpensive in the US, Vauen may be an underrated pipe here. I have two and they are hands down the best engineered and constructed and best smoking pipes I own. Catch is they are all 9mm filter pipes which perhaps explains why they are not as popular in the US. They are much less expensive through estervals and are a nice add on to a tobacco order.

waywardverve

Lurker
Sep 24, 2013
Just had my first bowl from a newly acquired Scandia (stanwell second) 747... Performed incredibly well and looks lovely.
All at the low low price of $14.4USD plus a couple of bucks postage

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Royalton line comes with a filtered bayonet style Acrylic push stem, still in production.

That is very nice, and a Grabow? Certainly not what comes to mind when I hear that name.
Vauen may be an underrated pipe here.

Vauen makes an excellent pipe, and I'm surprised they aren't mentioned here more often, despite the general reluctance concerning filters.

mycroftholmes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2018
Duncan. I haven't tried any of the newer pipes but the older ones are excellent pipes for the money

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Where would one go to purchase a Royalton? Asking for a friend of course, I have enough pipes...
WV Smokeshop currently has a carved bent Bulldog Royalton. They also pop up unsmoked still in the package on ebay. Or you could just call/email Grabow direct, it would be cheaper too. Debbie will set you up

Dr.Grabow
International Pipes & Accessories, LLC
PO Box 849 Sparta, North Carolina (NC) 28675
Phone: 336-372-5521 | Fax: 336-372-2875
Email: info@drgrabow.net

Reactions: yohanan
Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
WV Smokeshop currently has a carved bent Bulldog Royalton. They also pop up unsmoked still in the package on ebay. Or you could just call/email Grabow direct, it would be cheaper too. Debbie will set you up

Dr.Grabow
Also available at the Smoke Shack on Lynhaven parkway if you're ever in Virginia Beach. Good smokers.?

Reactions: theloniousmonkfish

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I like old Linkmans by Grabow. The older Kaywoodies made from Grecian Briar are good.

Lorenzo pipes are great smokers. I like my Ropps and Jeantets. As said earlier, I think all French pipes are underrated.

I like Mastercrafts and Tom Howard pipes too.

That is one of the really great aspects of smoking pipes. There are so many possiblities and so many ways to enjoy it.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dr.Grabow

my friend thanks you!

Status
Not open for further replies.