PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Been trying out OTC blends for awhile. I do like and enjoy Half & Half, CH, and SWR. They were all from pouches. Granger only comes in tub. 12 oz huge tub. So I got the tub. It's not bad, but I'm keep running into issues. First smoke was great. Didn't dry or anything. Second smoke was kept being interrupted due to number of hard objects in the mixture. Had third bowl today. It was steaming hot. I normally dry my tobacco to right before crisp. But I don't do that with OTC since that will take days.

So, what's the secret to having a good bowl of Granger?

teajeat

Might Stick Around
Jul 19, 2017
I have had almost a full tub sitting around for the past few years. Its not bad, but I also find it sometimes tedious to smoke.

Reactions: bullet08

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Take it real slow. Sip. My dad smoked this all day for about fifty years, always from a pouch. Granger refers to those who farm. Oddly, it happens to be the name of my wife's crossroads rural town in NE Missouri up near the Iowa line and the Mississippi River. She has an ancient metal tub (empty) that she likes for decor. That pointer dog is about the ultimate tin art. You probably know the flavoring is molasses, though it is often classified as a non-aromatic, incorrectly.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
As the final authority and human with the outright immutable knowledge of GRANGER, let me help the unwashed and uneducated masses so that they can partake in the succulent and most excellent Granger.

It needs to be smoked like a fine, and this is where it gets complicated, Oriental OR VaBur, it needs to be dry, but not too dry, it needs to be moist, but not too moist. Think of the perfect amount of bounce and packing "sponginess".

Don't abuse it with heat, but gently tickle the glorious leaf with the initial light, then one light tap, not two you unwashed heathen.

Then sit back and bask in the glow of absolute perfection that is akin to hanging out with Raquel Welch, not Rosie O'Donnell.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
As the final authority and human with the outright immutable knowledge of GRANGER, let me help the unwashed and uneducated masses so that they can partake in the succulent and most excellent Granger.

It needs to be smoked like a fine, and this is where it gets complicated, Oriental OR VaBur, it needs to be dry, but not too dry, it needs to be moist, but not too moist. Think of the perfect amount of bounce and packing "sponginess".

Don't abuse it with heat, but gently tickle the glorious leaf with the initial light, then one light tap, not two you unwashed heathen.

Then sit back and bask in the glow of absolute perfection that is akin to hanging out with Raquel Welch, not Rosie O'Donnell.
Talking about R. Welch, I keep getting Sunkist soda pop note from Granger.

Reactions: ashdigger
Status
Not open for further replies.