PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I've smoked St Bruno for years. It's a favorite of mine. I wouldn't say that it ghosts a pipe in the sense that it imparts a flavor that can't ever be eradicated. Yes, you will taste it in a pipe for a few bowls after you have started a different blend in that pipe, but it always goes away. Many blends leave a trace for a few bowls after introducing a different blend to the pipe. St Bruno doesn't really require more diligence to eradicate than most other blends in my experience.
Latakia is a different story. Compared to Latakia, St Bruno doesn't ghost at all.
Thank goodness. I thought I was going bunky reading about St. Bruno ghosts. Never detected one, and don’t believe the current manufacturer could make a ghost if they tried.....

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I honestly don’t think it’s Rose Geranium. That has a very distinct flavor, almost medicinal. St. Bruno has a floral note but not like Grasmere or Ennerdale. But go for the RR if you want more of the sauce. I’ve become pretty sensitive to Rose Geranium lately and I don’t taste it even remotely in St. Bruno. In fact I don’t think St. Bruno resembles anything like GH&Co’s offerings.
Would the floral note be closer to say war horse bar, or previous versions of erinmore? Just trying to make sense of it before ripping into the Bruno I have cellaring. BF7 is good aye, my idea of a OTC.

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Would the floral note be closer to say war horse bar, or previous versions of erinmore? Just trying to make sense of it before ripping into the Bruno I have cellaring. BF7 is good aye, my idea of a OTC.

For me, it's so light it's hard to tell. The slight ghost, like has been said before, comes from the combo of the floral/tonquin flavoring, and of the dark tobacco's themselves.

Reactions: Ahi Ka
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Closest thing I can compare it to is to say it’s like Conniston Cut Plug Lite. Take that with a grain of salt, as I only tasted Conniston for the first time yesterday, but it’s the closest thing to it that I’ve tried.
Different from War Horse Bar. That one is mostly Valerian root/tonquin/anise to me.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Closest thing I can compare it to is to say it’s like Conniston Cut Plug Lite. Take that with a grain of salt, as I only tasted Conniston for the first time yesterday, but it’s the closest thing to it that I’ve tried.
Different from War Horse Bar. That one is mostly Valerian root/tonquin/anise to me.
CCP Lite. I like that description. I’ve been smoking some home grown burley mixed with dark fired, dark air cured, and stoved VA that I infused with about 5% ennerdale and it is kinda what I’m expecting st Bruno/Brittish otc to task like.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Do you bruno fans notice a difference in rose geranium between the flake and RR? I’m thinking of stocking up as I love the RG flavour and wondering which to prioritise grabbing - or just wait to see if some 500g boxes of Grasmere or ennerdale Come into stock this year
I don't get a rose/geranium hit from St Bruno. It you're looking for that, try Revor plug.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
No, definitely not War Horse Bar. I’d say it’s closer to Erinmore but still nothing like it, just very subtly floral in the same way Erinmore Flake is... St. Bruno has a tad bit more of a floral note in my opinion. It’s one of the first traits about it that I fell in love with, however, it’s a complex blend and there is so much more to it than just the floral note.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Or they mistake Revor's R/G for Latakia. How, I wouldn't know. Rose/Geranium smells and tastes nothing like any Latakia I've smoked and Revor is dripping with Rose/Geranium.
Interesting, I pick up on a faint floral note in Revor but it’s very faint to me, I can’t really discern what it is but I love it. It’s also in McConnell’s Latakia Flake... whatever “it” is.

Status
Not open for further replies.