PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Well Chris from Smokingpipes says he hasn’t heard anything about Dark Flake and that at SP they are under the impression that these are all that will be released.

Reactions: diamondback

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I would not bet on anything else being released. STG got permission to release the top sellers under the Peterson name. Since they just pruned the Peterson line, I don't see them expanding the line of re-branded Dunhills.

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
In a previous thread posted on this forum months ago there was an image of the tin art and text of the old/new blend description comparision but the link inside the post now results in a 404 error. I printed off the image when it was available and Dark Flake was on it. Here is a link to the thread: the first post has the now defunct link to the image I refer to.
Dunhill Tobaccos Rebranded as Peterson :: General Pipe Smoking Discussion - http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/dunhill-tobaccos-rebranded-as-peterson.70987/

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
ok3zq7s3nyc31.jpg

Dark Flake was indeed in the pic. The question is, where did the pic come from?

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Perhaps these are brand new production, I had a feeling they were sitting on a bunch of old stock tobacco and just made new tins. But, if these are freshly made, perhaps what we are seeing is the length of time a particular blend needs to be ready to go to market. I only say this because of Deluxe Navy Rolls just now hitting the shelves.

Reactions: anotherbob

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
interesting.. if this ad is true than another case of smokingpipes not being informed..
I would think everyone there should have seen this.

Reactions: anotherbob

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
It's entirely possible that certain blends just take more time to produce than others causing them not to be released at the same time. Or maybe they just change their minds, ran into production issues, realized they could not make a profit on the blend, etc.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Perhaps these are brand new production, I had a feeling they were sitting on a bunch of old stock tobacco and just made new tins. But, if these are freshly made, perhaps what we are seeing is the length of time a particular blend needs to be ready to go to market. I only say this because of Deluxe Navy Rolls just now hitting the shelves.
flakes and rolls explicitly take more time to make then ribbon cut or the like. Time is literally part of the process.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I sure hope they re-release it soon. I just finished a tin of McConnels Black Flake and it was definitely not the same as Dark Flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.