PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Trying out this new 2020 batch of Carolina Red Flake in my Ryan Alden 4 Square.

View attachment 45824

Any quick early impressions? I have plenty of the previous releases, debating whether or not it's worth the trouble this time vs maybe waiting until next year or something.

- - -

Debating whether or not to jump on the most recent release of CRF Hype Train, I got to say the previous releases have left me wanting. Even after some time of jar aging, they're just about a tick above decent, but I'm willing to be talked into 10-25 tins though ?

C&D Carolina Red Flake w/ Perique in my trust S Bang Brandy - I saw someone describe their similarly stained pipe as a "fumed" stain and I really thought that was really fitting.

oglnZCAl.jpg

Here's a better look at the "fumed" stain:

Lien4POl.jpg

If you look closely you can see the reason I restained it as such was to hide a flaw in the rim. The keener eye will also notice I had to take a significant amount off the stem to get rid of all the oxidation. Thinking about maybe a thin, thin gold band to remedy this

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Up a bit earlier than I expected to be, but the gas company running new lines in homes in our neighborhood, and they thought I should be awake for it. Oh well... just means I started smoking early. ;)
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.