PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It seems some 'wing nut' at SG has decided to discontinue manufacturing Cannon Plug. I guess the young ones running the place have decided that we need more flavored twists and less Rose Geranium. I am hoping this is a temporary thing and if anyone knows anything different please chime in although I shall be placing a massive order in the morning before something else I enjoy just vanishes down a gopher hole. There has to be a reason and they cannot blame the EU so tell me my information is wrong!

@verporchting - That's a bit strong! I survived the demise of Warrior Plug, the debasement of Condor Plug and now the revenge of the 'wing nuts' with the discontinuation of Cannon Plug. Its just getting a little to close for comfort damn it!!!!!
The problem is that these pipesmokers today have no balls. They buy their weak assed Virginias, VaPers, nicotine free aromatics, and they think they are smoking like our ancestors. WRONG! The stuff the guys who built our county were smoking would make their weak asses puke instantly. If we had to rely on this thin-necked, lazy lot, they'd be all green and chucking in a ditch, while the natives took their wives and children as playthings.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
DgubRTK.png

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
The problem is that these pipesmokers today have no balls. They buy their weak assed Virginias, VaPers, nicotine free aromatics, and they think they are smoking like our ancestors. WRONG! The stuff the guys who built our county were smoking would make their weak asses puke instantly. If we had to rely on this thin-necked, lazy lot, they'd be all green and chucking in a ditch, while the natives took their wives and children as playthings.
0B20CED1-63A0-4148-A3AB-9F753FF5AB35.jpeg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Up until about ten years ago everything had remained the same. When I visited London most of the shops that dealt in my drug of choice were still around. I could deal with that grinning hyena Blair banning smoking in pubs. I could even put up with the odd person doing the politically correct thing and coughing. These were the same people who thought it was fab to invite the world to live in the U.K so they got cheaper baby sitters/gardeners etc and the average JQ Lunchbox had to compete in a race to the bottom. You know the type, something in 'media' with a cup of coffee on a leather thong around their neck! Why on earth can't people leave things well alone. The whole thing just makes you miss WW1, the Black Death and any number of Darwin recipient events for those who really shouldn't be around annoying the rest of us nice folk with our pipes!!!

Oct 7, 2016
It seems some 'wing nut' at SG has decided to discontinue manufacturing Cannon Plug. I guess the young ones running the place have decided that we need more flavored twists and less Rose Geranium. I am hoping this is a temporary thing and if anyone knows anything different please chime in although I shall be placing a massive order in the morning before something else I enjoy just vanishes down a gopher hole. There has to be a reason and they cannot blame the EU so tell me my information is wrong!

Kendal Cream Flake as well.
And G&H Dark Flake Aromatic.
And possibly the Four Seasons blends.

Sam Brammer at GQ Tobacco said that these blends have been “discontinued” in a Facebook post that started making the rounds a week or so ago. That could possibly mean “just not available for ordering at this time because we are so bloody busy.”

Oct 7, 2016
(1) The SG “season” blends are currently having supplier issues.
(2) the factory is no longer stocking Canonn Plug, Kendal Cream Flake, or Dark Flake Aromatic, nor holding any packaging for these blends. If enough orders accumulate to meet minimum order requirements, they will be produced again.
(3) happens all the time, no wing nuts in charge.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
@verporchting - That's a bit strong! I survived the demise of Warrior Plug, the debasement of Condor Plug and now the revenge of the 'wing nuts' with the discontinuation of Cannon Plug. Its just getting a little to close for comfort damn it!!!!!
Condorlover1, not taking any potshots at you and no disrespect intended - hopefully none taken. Just a little Bladerunner vibe to lament the loss of fantastic things as they slip away. Wish the bad news would stop already, 2020 is shite enough already without losing more reasons to be happy. Hands off our tobaccos you bastards! Take away boy bands or tofu or digital rectal exams or mosquitoes or something else. Leave our freaking plug tobacco alone you wankers!

Status
Not open for further replies.