PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you are fortunate to enjoy a pipe inside your home, I guess the outside weather and temperature doesn't affect you that much. If you have a little smoking room in which to enjoy a good blend or two, it doesn't matter what the season is.

But for me, enjoying a pipe outdoors in the autumn is perfect. You don't have the damp humidity soaking the tobacco that you do in the summer, and you don't freeze your face like in the winter. Just that little crispness and the smell of the leaves adds something to the experience.

Am I alone in this?

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
If you are fortunate to enjoy a pipe inside your home, I guess the outside weather and temperature doesn't affect you that much. If you have a little smoking room in which to enjoy a good blend or two, it doesn't matter what the season is.

But for me, enjoying a pipe outdoors in the autumn is perfect. You don't have the damp humidity soaking the tobacco that you do in the summer, and you don't freeze your face like in the winter. Just that little crispness and the smell of the leaves adds something to the experience.

Am I alone in this?
You are definitely not alone. Autumn romance is what got me into smoking a pipe and I always look forward to this season coming. Enjoy!

Reactions: wolflarsen

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
You are definitely not alone! My consumption goes from about a bowl per week to two bowls per day during the fall.

And it's not because I'm an outdoor smoker, either. I think it's for the same reason I don't like to eat beef stew during the summer, even though my house has air conditioning.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Fall rocks! Especially where I live the humidity is 90% in the summer and hot AF. Right now its 70 degrees and 42% humidity, its perfect.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I have a smoking room in my house so I'm usually in there. For the last several weeks I have been hosting a small get together of my KC pipe cronies on Thursday and I will admit when it's nice out it's great to smoke outside. I have a rather large screened in back porch that will comfortably seat six people with decent spacing between us. The boys do seem to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.