What's a Good Licorice Flavored Aromatic?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teajeat

Might Stick Around
Jul 19, 2017
Besides Gawith/Hogarth brown flake licorice, which seems to have become unobtanium, are there any decent aromatics with a prominent licorice/salmiak component? Or even a minor component? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: musicman

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
BengalSlicesTin.jpg

Reactions: JMcQ and teajeat

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I'd have a better chance of having a bald eagle hand deliver me a Fabergé egg filled with licorice flavored tobacco.
So I looked it up and Esoterica Kinsbridge and Woodbridge are also licorice flavored. Woodbridge may be obtainable. I predict the next drop will have it.

Reactions: teajeat

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Besides Gawith/Hogarth brown flake licorice, which seems to have become unobtanium, are there any decent aromatics with a prominent licorice/salmiak component? Or even a minor component? Thanks in advance.
Ken Byron Ventures has Brown Flake Licorice in stock in 50 gr baggies. It's my go-to Licorice aro (for the three times a year I want one).

Reactions: JOHN72 and teajeat

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I love me the licorice. I purchased a few tins of Wessex burley slice because it sounds like they have a bit of that vibe going on. Yet to open them yet so someone else could probably confirm the extent it is present in the blend

Reactions: teajeat

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm working on my first tin of Irish Flake but hadn't picked up on the licorice at all. Mixture No. 79 has a refined tobacco forward anisette flavoring. Many pouch tobaccos are above average.

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72 and teajeat
I love me the licorice. I purchased a few tins of Wessex burley slice because it sounds like they have a bit of that vibe going on. Yet to open them yet so someone else could probably confirm the extent it is present in the blend

I don't know that I have tasted licorice in Wessex Burley sliced.. I will have to look out for it next time I smoke some..

If you like Burley and licorice, you might try Uhle's Crushed White Burley. It's pretty awesome!

Reactions: Ahi Ka and teajeat

teajeat

Might Stick Around
Jul 19, 2017
I'm working on my first tin of Irish Flake but hadn't picked up on the licorice at all. Mixture No. 79 has a refined tobacco forward anisette flavoring. Many pouch tobaccos are above average.
I was wondering how pronounced the topping was on Irish Flake, thanks for the first tin impression. I enjoy Mixture 79, but for me the anise gets lost in the granny perfume.

Status
Not open for further replies.