Sep 16, 2020
Scotland
Zippo outside, Clipper inside.

72478781-B598-4-DBB-84-A1-38-C386252138.jpg

eyewsee369

Lurker
Oct 9, 2018
N. Va
Nice pic! Is the DuPont the $20 version or multi-hundreds? ( I have four FauxPonts and love them.) Well, not for carrying around in a pocket.

Thanks! The Dupont is the real deal. My dad recently handed down to me as he no longer smokes. This was his second of the same lighter. The first one fell out of his pocket in a cab...what a nice tip eh!?

Attachments

• 0B392CB3-47FB-4AB2-A270-B6B2E964EA8E.jpeg
    0B392CB3-47FB-4AB2-A270-B6B2E964EA8E.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: jpmcwjr

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Like I said earlier, zippo outside, bic inside.
But.. got a new 2 flame gas Zippo insert for cigars & like it a lot, so far, only a month. Made by Zippo, or thats what it is engraved on the side of it.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Zippos and Bics. Since no one seems to make a good strike-anywhere match anymore, I sometimes use the Bics to light the matches.

My Zippo pipe lighters work well, but they get dirty and are a bitch to clean, so I’ve been using regular Zippos for relighting pipes. They get the job done without the carbon buildup.

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
I use these also. Recently, I couldn't find mine (usually have two or three laying around the house). I ran across a Bic with a long stem for lighting candels and charcoal and stuff. It worked so well I'm thinking of buying a longer stem Bic for regular pipe use. I believe they make a couple of different lengths of stems.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I use these also. Recently, I couldn't find mine (usually have two or three laying around the house). I ran across a Bic with a long stem for lighting candels and charcoal and stuff. It worked so well I'm thinking of buying a longer stem Bic for regular pipe use. I believe they make a couple of different lengths of stems.
I’ve used those in a pinch. They work just fine.

hairvise

Can't Leave
May 23, 2018
San Francisco
This is the latest IM Corona Pipemaster I have purchased.

I now have 4 of these, one for every kid for when I am gone. I also have 5 other Pipemasters at least one of every style. I have a lighter issue no doubt.
I’m curious. Do you think there is a difference in lighting a pipe with a pipe master or an old boy? I prefer the looks of the old boy but wasn’t sure if the pipe master just does a better job.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.