PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
One of the things I love most about on-line communication is eliminating the fashion sense part.
that's the part that always surprises people. I've had more then a few guys tell me they thought I wouldn't look so good. Straight guys too. Weird. Everyone else seems to think the other way round. Why because life can be cruel in stupid little ways.

Reactions: brian64

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
reminds me of what I find hilarious about people and online. Online people will argue with you about facts, where as in real life they'll go online look it up and then say oh wow you're right. Why because people are basically just monkeys with a little bit of fashion sense.
I'm always right, but online I have more specific details and resources to cite about how I'm right...

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Yeah, he seems like a really cool guy online, I bet he's just as cool in real life. He probably dresses real cool and drives a cool fast car and has a very cool job.

He is honestly pretty cool on here haha.
Just don't meet him in an MMORPG's dark alley, coz then you'll find out he's really a 600 lb 126th-level ogre with a bad attitude who's holding a hammer the size of a child and is having a real bad day! ?

nnnn

Reactions: Ahi Ka
I am getting a bit concerned that you are repeating this statement often.
What have you got against pants??
It's just one of those phrases that I've noticed that is affected by technology. When I post it online, people respond is a positive way. But, when I yell it in Walmart... it pisses off the luddites! puffy

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
He prefers kilts.

Ah the kilts. That was one silver lining in the Chicago show being canceled, we didn't have to see the kilt crowd walking around in their skirts. I don't understand why the event brings out the need to wear a skirt for those distantly Scottish or Irish. The distantly German don't wear lederhosen. The distantly Norse don't wear horned helmets. The distantly French don't wear powdered wings and tights. The distantly Italian don't wear togas. So what about a pipe smoking event tell the distantly Scottish it's time to put on your skirt, I mean kilt and parade around in it? It's one of the mysteries of the piping world.

Status
Not open for further replies.