What's Good Whiskey Aromatic? Bulk? Pouch? Tin?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've enjoyed Peterson Whiskey, Erin Go Bragh, and a bulk version or two. Borkum Riff Bourbon was pretty good. What is your favorite, or best several? I'm always pleased, but I don't have one particular favorite yet. I like them tobacco forward with the bourbon playing a good supporting role.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
At the 2019 Chicago show I picked up a sample of Stokkebye Highland Whiskey, loaded a bowl, almost puked, and immediately gave the bag to another attendee sitting near me in the smoking tent. So I'll offer a wave-off instead of a recommendation for that one. But who knows, YMMV.

I thought Borkum Riff was decent, but that was a long time ago. I've been thinking about trying C&D Pennington Gap, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm curious to see the recommendations, because a whiskey blend seems like something I would like.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I've enjoyed Peterson Whiskey, Erin Go Bragh, and a bulk version or two. Borkum Riff Bourbon was pretty good. What is your favorite, or best several? I'm always pleased, but I don't have one particular favorite yet. I like them tobacco forward with the bourbon playing a good supporting role.
A great question. Come to think of it, I’ve had several blends where whisky was a topping, but the blend didn’t taste like whisky at all. Chatham Manor and Carter Hall, for example. Both have bourbon as a topping on Tobacco Review. Neither taste like it to me. I’d also be interested to know which ones might actually taste like whisky.

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
Although not an aromatic the best bourbon infused (not cased or topped) by far is Plum Pudding Bourbon Barrel Aged, replete with bourbon barrel stave. For an actual aromatic (which to me actually falls more into the English crossover category) is Whiskey Biscuit Gravy (by Just for Him). The name is silly but I enjoy this blend immensely. It is sold in bulk and I highly recommend.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you gents. That's a good list, and I'll look them up on the tobacco pages and see what looks most likely. One member offered a sample, and from a different thread, another is sending me a sample of something else not whiskey, so I am in full search mode. Thanks all.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
I am newer to blending, but have favored bathing VAPERs or Orientals in Whiskey or Bourbon and then sun drying the batch. I have also soaked one of my blends in rum. I have created about a dozen blends in the past 6 months. I am aging portions of these blends to see what happens to them over time. I enjoy them all, but I am fairly certain it's pride of ownership more than excellence in blending - LOL.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
I am newer to blending, but have favored bathing VAPERs or Orientals in Whiskey or Bourbon and then sun drying the batch. I have also soaked one of my blends in rum. I have created about a dozen blends in the past 6 months. I am aging portions of these blends to see what happens to them over time. I enjoy them all, but I am fairly certain it's pride of ownership more than excellence in blending - LOL.
Let us know how they develop over time!

Status
Not open for further replies.