New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up two of his pipes on ebay back before he really started making unique shapes. Mine both have horn stems, great smokers. But, I am really digging what he is doing with his long thin shanks, and his blast have been improving, IMO.
Really nice looking pipe you got. What is your opinion on his button-work? Mine feel a little thick in the bite and maybe a little clumsy. I'd be interested to hear whether his new pipes have more attention given to the button and draft.

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
I picked up two of his pipes on ebay back before he really started making unique shapes. Mine both have horn stems, great smokers. But, I am really digging what he is doing with his long thin shanks, and his blast have been improving, IMO.
Really nice looking pipe you got. What is your opinion on his button-work? Mine feel a little thick in the bite and maybe a little clumsy. I'd be interested to hear whether his new pipes have more attention given to the button and draft.

I have not smoked it yet, but from a cold test I would say yes, thick in the bite is true. But I rarely smoke free-handed, so it's acceptable.

The blast is awesome, and the drillings all look properly done - so above all - when it turns out to smoke as great as it looks - it's great value for money. He also has nice Princes on his website at the moment (check "Heritage series")...

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island

I agree, he’s getting to know his way around a sandblaster, here is one of mine:

07845CC3-BC7E-4C41-BCAE-CF59A3DEC850.jpeg

On the point about bit thickness- within the Heritage line his hand cut stems are excellent and for whatever reason he doesn’t charge much more for them- maybe 10 euro. You have to look closely at the listing to see if it’s hand cut or a molded stem. I agree that the molded ones can be thick and uncomfortable.

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Today I have smoked this pipe for the first time. I went for the Synjeco Bad Nun, which made a perfect match. It is a fine smoker, and also the bite is, albeit a bit thick, really soft and makes a feel-good smoke. Due to the thin walls (and the lack of break-in paste) it needs to be smoked carefully, otherwise it gets hot. But the taste it provides is really awesome.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Today I have smoked this pipe for the first time. I went for the Synjeco Bad Nun, which made a perfect match. It is a fine smoker, and also the bite is, albeit a bit thick, really soft and makes a feel-good smoke. Due to the thin walls (and the lack of break-in paste) it needs to be smoked carefully, otherwise it gets hot. But the taste it provides is really awesome.
I concur. I have had 3 smokes through my new Nuttens Bing and it's an excellent smoker. The bit feels similar to an Ashton Brindle X I have. The pipe so light that you'd really have to fck up the bit to make it uncomfortable.

Reactions: Duke of Erinmore

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Very lovely pipe, in fact all the pipes pictured in this thread are gorgeous!

A Bing shape is definitely on my list of pipes to get but I’ll probably just get a Savinelli Bing.

Why "just"? Apart from shipping and possibly custom fees, the price is not much different. I paid 130 euros incl EU shipping for the Nuttens compared to 145 for a Savinelli Bing at Huber in Munich..

Status
Not open for further replies.