PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
I smoked two bowls of John Cotton’s Double Pressed Virginia. I didn’t plan to, but I was labeling a few new tins to put in my cellar and noticed this one sounded like dry tobacco shaking around the tin. I figured the seal broke in shipping so I popped it open. It turns out it was just the tobacco that came loose from the cake. It turned out to be a very enjoyable, relaxing smoke. It was on the mild side, semi-sweet, smooth and very consistent down the bowl. It was so good I packed a second bowl.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My second bowl of Peterson Irish Flake, from an older rectangular tin, in a blast straight taper-stem Kaywoodie billiard. I dried the flake and it rubbed out nicely and smokes without clogging, but the same fine bold flavor. I think I've made a friend here. I hope the current version is somewhat as good if I go to reorder eventually. Lots of good smoking ahead in this tin for sure. My rescued-from-a-drain-pipe Maine Coon type cat Fred is snoozing beside me in my desk chair while I make do with another chair. I remember Mohammed is said to have cut off the sleeve of his coat rather than disturb his sleeping cat.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Stokkebye black cavendish in a MM General... Wanted something Mellow . Listening to Buddaheads play some blues. Some Maximus IPA , some BIG beef ribs on the grill. was up at 2am Cutting meat. Now Getting ready for my next bowlView attachment 43597View attachment 43595
I should be replying regarding the smoke or those awesome looking ribs, but actually I just looked up and started playing some Buddaheads -- damn they're right up my alley! Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.