PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nhassey48

Lurker
Sep 21, 2020
Edwards, CA
Originally from San Diego, CA, the military has brought me all over the world. I am a relatively new pipe smoker. I received a pear wood pipe from my wife and kids for my birthday a few months ago and have been hooked ever since! I only have 1 pear wood pipe and a handful of cobs. My goal has been to try all the broad categories of tobacco to see what flavors they impart but have found to really enjoy straight Virginia’s. As of right now, my favorites are Orlik golden sliced and HH pure Virginia. I have found numerous answers to my questions about pipe smoking from this forum so I decided to make an account to be able to seek help from the experienced ones.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome '48. I did Navy boot camp in San Diego and did some other radio related training there as well, back in '68 and '69, and did a civilian business trip there in the late eighties, I think it was. I know the boot camp is long gone, though the Marines still boot there, I think. Good of your family to go in together on your pear wood pipe.

Nhassey48

Lurker
Sep 21, 2020
Edwards, CA
Welcome '48. I did Navy boot camp in San Diego and did some other radio related training there as well, back in '68 and '69, and did a civilian business trip there in the late eighties, I think it was. I know the boot camp is long gone, though the Marines still boot there, I think. Good of your family to go in together on your pear wood pipe.
Awesome! Being from San Diego the Navy and Marines seemed like my path but I decided to go Air Force. Been in for about 12 years now as a F16 mechanic and now F35.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.